Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Chance to fizzle...

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by hearsehauler, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

11/18/2017 8:56 PM
    Title: Error calculating fizzle chance
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No

Details
    : When mousing over "Ignite Weapon" and moving, chance to fizzle is displayed with a low value. But the info window indicates chance to fizzle is high (the combined total of these 2 numbers is 100%). Happens with fireflies, flamefist, icefist, healing ray, Gust, Night vision. I believe this issue was happening before 11/17/17 patch (for me)...I just didn't put 2and2 together! :(

In the below image my avatar is moving, the glyph indicates 18%, info window indicates 84%. Before I starting moving the glyph indicated a higher value and the info window a lower value.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/svkcbw3q75u3ri2/SotA_11-18-17_20-52_1.png?dl=0

Steps to Reproduce
    : Enter combat mode, wait for "Ignite Weapon" (or any of the above glyphs) to appear in the deck, mouse over desired glyph, info window appears showing chance to fizzle, note value displayed on glyph and value in info window. Start moving (backward or forward) info window value increases (as it should), value over glyph decreases. (again total of both numbers is 100%)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16332
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.697.Date.11.17.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (470.9, 11.9, -374.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg0NzAuODkxLCAxMS45MDgsIC0zNzQuNSl8KDAuMDAyLCAtMC44NDYsIC0wLjAwOCwgLTAuNTMzKXwyMzAuNTg2OXwyMi4zMjE3M3wyMA==

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

I now believe the above issue is cornfusing the glyph displayed % value as a failure instead of a success rate. While the info window that pops up when mousing over the glyph is clearly a failure chance.
    So probably not a bug...but obviously not clear for me (maybe others maybe not).

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@hearsehauler
    Yeah, I'm looking for the bug here and I'm just not quite seeing it. If you have a 100% chance not to fizzle at all, it will say 0% as it reflects fizzle only. Moving around can affect fizzle, but it depends on the glyph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.