Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Crafting - unlearned recipes for unknown recipes?

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

9/8/2017 7:25 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    for me its a semantic bug to say "unlearned Recipe" for the unknown recipes to find out at the crafting stations
    ( to unlearn something is as far as i know to already have known it and loose the knowledge later on)

my new char has a lot to find out about crafting and I am sure he didn't unlearn anything!

Steps to Reproduce:

Take a new char and do some recipes at the crafting stations without knowing the recipe (putting the ingredients needed for the unknown recipe on the crafting table)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4009
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (55.3, 41.3, -472.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDU1LjMxNSwgNDEuMzQ2LCAtNDcyLjc2OSl8KDAsIDAuOTU2LCAwLCAwLjI5Myl8MTUzLjMxNDV8MjQuNTIwMTF8MS4yNQ==

2. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Kind of like ice tea vs unsweetened iced tea?
    Hmm, if it's unsweetened, then it must have been sweet to begin with and you somehow removed the sugar?

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

it is a very expensive process to extravacate the sugar again, without loosing the taste of the tealeaves in there - I assure you my magic company will do it - for a prize
    :D

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Rentier - Thank you for reporting, however this is not a bug. If anything, it should have been reported in the Feedback forums.

However, the term "Unlearned" is being used correctly here anyway. Unlearned means something that you have not learned yet. It doesn't necessarily mean that you already learned it and no longer know it. The prefix here simply means "not" or "not yet".

I understand where perhaps "unknown" might be a more understandable term to use. But when you read the tooltip for a recipe, it will say either: "You have already learned this recipe" or "You have not learned this recipe". I think they are trying to keep the wording similar on both the recipe tooltips and the crafting station info.

Lexie and Rentier like this.
  5. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

I wish Portalarium would pick a single English dialect for player information and stick with it. Currently it is influenced by or mixed with Early Modern, Middle, Modern, Vernacular, US Eastern, and Texas dialects. Different characters should have their own dialects, but direct information to the player should strictly use just one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.