Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Grannus Colossus east cannibals camp

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by aggaton, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aggaton

aggaton Avatar

11/17/2018 19:15
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Tried it once
    Blocker? Cannot proceed quest
    Details: When entering the camp, the doors seem to close and you get to fight a couple of waves, each wave seem to consist of 5 with some low level ones. When you die, the ankh send you outside the gate and you can climb the wine to re-enter. When you enter the guys you were fighting are still there PLUS a new group, it seems like everytime you re-enter the cannibals multiply by rabits, I am guessing the group spawning have gone berserk, i.e. the first group don't despawn when when the next group arrive and eventually you will have spawned all groups at the same time, I didn't have time to count but I had 15 against me, fighters,archers, and wizards. There really need to be a way to reset this. Also the first groups should not respawn, while any in the next groups are still alive. I normally don't mind difficulty, but this is insanely broken and not fun at all.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12) System RAM: 32605
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.Win.64.871.Date.11.16.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest01_02
    Area Display Name: Grannus Colossus
    Loc: (-10.5, 9.7, 42.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgtMTAuNDU5LCA5LjcwMiwgNDIuMzQ4KXwoMCwgMC45NjQsIDAsIDAuMjY2KXwxNDkuMTA0MnwxMHw2LjU5NTU3NA==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report. I'll check into it. Issue #63066

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I looked into the issue you reported and it looks like the extra enemies you're seeing are normal additions. In other words, the area with the first big wave fight also includes several barbarians that are not part of the wave battle. They're there before the wave battle begins, and can respawn during the battle. (This is similar to control points, which have a handful of enemies near the control point plus the waves of enemies that assault the control point.)

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  4. aggaton

aggaton Avatar

Thanks for looking into this. Thinking some more on this, one other reason why I seemed to have so many against me was that I ran across the camp to the other gate, which probably spawned the wizards, then I dragged them all back to the first gate trying to get out. This probably meant the entire camp was present in front of the first gate after I entered the camp again. I eventually figured out how to get past this, but will not ruin the fun for people figuring it out...

Sannio and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.