Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Grannus colossus problems (may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

9/6/2017 12:26 PM
    Title: Grannus colossus problems
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.656.Date.09.01.17
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest01_02
    Area Display Name: Grannus Colossus
    Loc: (-55.6, 3.0, 37.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgtNTUuNjQ3LCAzLjAwOSwgMzcuMjQxKXwoMCwgLTAuODI5LCAwLCAwLjU2KXw2MjMuMDM3OHwyOC40MDg1MXw2LjUyNzg4Ng==

Details:
    Apparently Grannus colossus is set up as some sort of progressive arena fight thingy. That works if the baddies actually let you fight them. I just had one Ulfmuner stuck in leashing mode, every time the timer on leashing goes to zero, it just restarts. He's just hanging around the middle area not running to anything in particular, and he can't be damaged while in leashing mode. This makes it very difficult to progress to the colossus, since the doors won't open. Changing mode from multi to FO at least let me reset the instance without too much trouble.

But then there are problems with the ankhs. The second area doesn't have any ankh at all, and you have to time out when there are no doors. When you die in the first area, the ankh kicks you back out to the outside area, and either way you get kicked out (ankh or ghost timeout), the doors do not reset, so you are stuck unable to continue to the colossus unless you can reset the whole instance.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Leashing: don't know, but I was trying to jump on rocks to get them to leave me alone so I could recover focus, maybe that broke something. I also had a phoenix pet out, maybe that confused them. I just got another fresh instance to have two Ulfumnuers go into eternal leashing.

Ankhs: die in first area, use ankh, get kicked out of arena area. Die in second area, look for ankh.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Elwyn
    Do they ever get out of leashing mode? I ask because we just put in a fix where NPCs in this area could get stuck and cannot be killed at all.
    I can't repro the leashing at the moment, but I'll continue to look at it. If there is an exact way it can be reproed (with certain spells, for example) please let me know. That may be a leashing issue in general and in this 'wave' environment could be problematic.
    The second area had an ankh for me on build 659, which is good - that should be fixed for you in the next patch then. Both closed in areas had an ankh and it will spawn you outside of it. Mostly because it wouldn't be fun to immediately be trapped again after respawning, before you had a chance to rebuff. But it should reset somewhat quickly for another attempt, at least, that is what I'm seeing.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They never got out of leashing mode. I'm not sure which of my behaviors was causing this, but I had a phoenix out and was trying to find places to hide so I could regain focus. It could possibly have happened when they killed my phoenix. I never got past the first area, and it was only Ulfmuners that got stuck leashing. (the ulfserkers were so easy to kill that I never tried to run away from them)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.