Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] HVO: No journal update w/ Esmeralda after turning in Hexe Core & Elder skull

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Echondas, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10/4/2017 5:55 PM
    Title: HVO: No journal update w/ Esmeralda after turning in Hexe Core & Elder skull
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: No journal update w/ Esmeralda after turning in the Elder Frost Geist skull and the Hexe Core. I'm guessing, based on talking to her about "step three" - she mentions I'm on step 3.5 (hah!) - which is apparently speaking (or trying to?) with all the ghostly echoes?
    Steps to Reproduce: Turn in the items mentioned - nothing is recorded in the journal.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz (4) System RAM: 24573
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 1990
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.669.Date.10.03.17
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (2.1, 194.0, -454.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDIuMTI2LCAxOTQuMDAxLCAtNDU0LjQ3Nil8KDAsIDEsIDAsIC0wLjAwNyl8NDIwLjI4ODV8MjYuMTEwMTN8Mi43NjkxOTQ=

2. Thief

Thief Avatar

stuck there too....

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Ferohir I spoke with a ghostly echo around Loc: (-396.5, 52.8, 45.6)
    This allowed me to continue the quest.

(although perhaps you need to speak with a certain # of the ghostly echoes, and then the last one you speak with that completes that set # will have dialog..)

Ferohir and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Thief

Thief Avatar

thank you guys.

5. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Actually, there is a journal update, sort of. You turn in the Frostgeist Hexe skull and it clears journal entry "Three Steps Towards the Hexe." Turn in the Elder Frostgeist skull and it clears the journal entry "Another Step for an Elder." Part of Esmeralda's reply to your turning in a skull is, "You should be able to use one of the two other looking-glasses. I don't know which one, but you'll find out soon enough! One step closer to the final step!" This indicates that it's probably a good idea to try another mirror, which will get you "One step closer to the final step."

Since it doesn't matter what order you turn in the two skulls, nor does it matter if you turn in one skull and use a mirror, then repeat rather than waiting to turn in both skulls and use two mirrors, it makes it nearly impossible to write journals since there's no way for me to know what part of this quest you're actually on. Plus, it would create a lot more bugs. Between the dialogues and the journal entries that are there, all the info to progress through the quests are there. Sometimes you can go really old-school and take notes on what NPCs say. Totally retro, I know, but I find it helps.

Lexie and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.