Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Lich in the fall not respawning properly

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Dhanas, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

04/26/2019 00:16
    Title: Lich in the fall not respawning properly
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes, breaking an xp spot
    Details: Temple room in The fall is behaving different, when you enter the room the 3 liches mages are already there (they don't spawn after you enter the room as it has always been) and after you kill the second wave, instead to close the door and spawn again first wave, the door stay open and 1st wave spawns again after 5 minutes.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16211
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 4055
    SotA.Win.64.957.Date.04.24.19
    Area: The Fall
    Area Display Name: The Fall
    Loc: (222.6, 141.0, 136.2)
    Debug: VGhlIEZhbGx8fCgyMjIuNTU3LCAxNDEsIDEzNi4yMTIpfCgwLCAtMC4wNSwgMCwgLTAuOTk5KXw3NDEuNjU3NXwzMC44MDY4N3wyLjQ0OTk5OQ==

amarious likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #64659 for review

Dhanas likes this.
  3. amarious

amarious Avatar

Just noticed this too, hah.

4. Lord Subtleton

This is under review. According to the design, the delay should be 3 minutes, not 5 minutes. Is it possible the delay might actually be 3 minutes?

5. amarious

amarious Avatar

I thought that it was closer to 4 minutes but I could be wrong. Before this release, I think it was maybe a minute to respawn.

6. Lord Subtleton

Looks like the restart time was closer to 4 minutes. For build #859, reduced restart to 2.5 min, added some length to the battle so overall down time will be reduced.

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Thank you, so it is a new change? haven't see anything on patch notes, anyone has a link to this?

amarious likes this.
  8. Lord Subtleton

Wave spawners had some code corrections applied to them for r65, in light of some failures that players reported in previous releases. Mostly what I am referring to are synchronization issues that only come up when there are multiple players in the scene, but rarely (if ever) happen in a single player environment. When we went to "fix" the code, we found that wave timing values that designers had been using only worked in certain cases (like a single player scenario), but in other use cases the actual behavior was quite different from what the design team expected. So that's why you might see some timing differences this release. Our goal for this change is not just to improve on the implementation, but improve the player experience where we can. That's why you'll see us tweaking some timing numbers this release, based on player feedback.

I believe the release notes for R65 briefly mentioned this issue. This particular timing change (for The Fall) will appear in a build #859 (a future rev). The build note will be something innocuous like "wave spawner timing change for The Fall." Now you know some of the back story.

Find a timing issue with a wave spawner? Please post about it - either in the feedback or bugs section - whichever is appropriate.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Realy thank you for your great explanation, at this point so, I think there is an error.

Following this sentence waves should repeat if you complete it too fast and you wont see next wave since it doesn't pass x time, this is what effectly is happening in Upper Tears. What is happening in The Fall is different: the battle scene has 2 waves, both with 3 lich mages, you complete first wave, if you take 10 sec or if you take 1 min to complete first wave, it doesn't matter, it doesn't repeat and the 2nd wave spawns, after killed 2nd wave you have to wait 5 min ( which will be 2.5 min next patch, following what you said). So it should repeat first wave since the time to spawn 2nd wave come, and then after completing it you should wait x min. Isn't it how it should work?

I want to point out that The Fall is a PVP map, so you it is multiplayer only.

This sounds more like a nerf than an "improve of the player experience" since before this I could attenuate there in 15 min ( like I could do in Upper tear) now, I need much more time to attenuate in The Fall ( but it didn't change in UT, since the system there is working properly) and also I have lot empty times where I am doing literaly nothing waiting for the respawn.

P.S. @Lord Subtleton I don't want to be critic, I appreciate your time spent to reply here and explain us what is happening, I am just trying to figure out what is happening, and trying to provide you my feedback. Thank in advance.

amarious likes this.
  10. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

@Lord Subtleton Thank you very much! Fixed with 959 build, now it works like UT and others wave battles. You can close this bug report.

11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

In 959 build the new waves behavior seems working in the fall, but the timer after you cleaned the room seems still slow.

PS: The new waves behavior is not working in Blood Bay Isle of Bones waves battle.

@Lord Subtleton Is it appropriate to open another bug report about the blood bay issue or is the report in this thread sufficient?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  12. Lord Subtleton

restart time seems to long for which wave battle (which mobs are involved)? Any specifics on why it feels too long would be appreciated.
    on the Blood Bay Isle of Bones waves battle, you might consider starting a new thread, since this one has The Fall in the title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.