Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Loading a Savegame resets the scene

Discussion in 'Offline Mode' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I am doing the quest in Harvest with the Haunted House. I saved inside the dungeon and when I reloaded the savegame, the whole Scene was reset. All enemies were back, the clocks were reset etc.
    This is not how I expect a savegame to work so I presume this is a bug?

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is how it was intended - if you load a game save, the scene won't remain to be the same as it was. It will reset the scene.
    @Lord_Darkmoon

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Hi,

this is a rather strange design decision...
    Normally I would do the puzzle in the Haunted House and when the door to the final room with the boss battle opens I would save the game. But now when I load the savegame the puzzle has been reset and the door is closed again so that I have to do everything all over again...

What about larger dungeons with puzzles etc in which I want to save halfway through, for example because I don't have time to play anymore and want to continue some time later? This would mean that everything I have done was for naught and I have to start all over again...

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

In offline mode, you can exit the client and come back another day and pick up exactly where you left off. When you patch the the client, previous offline save-games do preserve your characters' state and general quest progress. However, patching to a new revision of the game will result in all instances being reset. So hold off on patching while you are in the midst of an epic quest and don't want your instance to reset.

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Ok, so I tried this again. I set the clocks in the haunted house and opened the door to the witches lair. Then I saved the game, went back to the menu and loaded the savegame again - the scene was reset. The door was closed, all enemies were back and I had to set the clocks again. There was no patch downloaded in between saving and loading the game.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  6. Peter.Sidewinder

Peter.Sidewinder Avatar

I wish to confirm that loading game resets cells.

In Kobold expedition camp there is a plate armor on the table in the tent. Each time the game is loaded it spawns all over again makes me unlimited source of gold.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

I've added a JIRA #57430 to track this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.