Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Missing Claim Rewards Button From Bank

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by mugmas, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

10/22/2018 21:23
    Title: Missing Claim Rewards Button from Bank and Rewards filter
    Reproduction Rate: Tried 2 remote bank devices with session change, and town banker
    Blocker? No
    Details: Open Bank no Claim Rewards Button, cannot view items in bank with reward as the deposit location
    Steps to Reproduce: Open Bank no Claim Rewards Button, cannot choose Rewards from drop down filter, and items in bank missing items in the rewards Deposit Location
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 8078
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.QA.Win.64.754.Date.10.22.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Justice Hold
    Area Display Name: Justice Hold
    Loc: (17.8, 70.0, -134.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEp1c3RpY2UgSG9sZHwoMTcuNzcsIDcwLjAwMiwgLTEzNC42MDUpfCgwLCAwLjA0NCwgMCwgMC45OTkpfDM2NS40MzE5fDEzLjQ1Njg1fDIuOTcyNTUx

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

Well I just noticed a Claim Rewards Satchel in the upper right hand corner of interface, can access rewards there.... but not in the bank....

Jaesun likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There is supposed to be a new rewards interface, based on the notes Darkstarr gave us.

As for the satchel does it say Claim Rewards or is that the icon that takes you to the add-on store? I’m not able to get into game so I can’t check myself right now.

4. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

It is labeled claim rewards the issue is;

A. The tool tip(help icon) in the bank UI still indicates the bank interface to claim rewards.

B. In order to transfer the items into the bank you now need the bank open and the claim rewards window open and you have to manually transfer the items.

The only benefit now is that you can claim rewards anywhere and drag them into your inventory you do not need to be by a bank.

5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #62519 added regarding the help UI text being out of date. Regarding part B, when would be an example of a time when you would want to put rewards in the bank?

6. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

Well with your leading question I now see what the intention of this change may be.

The new rewards screen will act as the new storage location for rewards instead of the bank. It will separate that function from the bank and make a more universally accessible rewards inventory.

I guess with that in mind I suppose I cannot think of a situation where it matters anymore.

If I need COTOs I open the window and take them from the reward bank while standing at a COTO vendor, and not worry about finding a bank first or transporting them in my inventory. For instances where I have no use for a particular reward, I leave it in the new rewards “bank” and do not have to worry about it slowing down my actual bank.

Only draw back is another screen to check when searching for an item and a nit picky issue where if I want the reward in my bank I have to drag it over there, but overall if it improves performance or future plans I understand and you can withdraw my bug report for the bank portion ( not the tool tip ;) ). I didn’t realize it was how the feature was intended.

7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok, great. Thanks for the post. I asked the question because there had been discussion (internally) about whether there would be a case where rewards _should_ be in the bank. In addition to the performance improvement, rewards no longer count against your bank slots - so you have more storage space.

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I guess that means my wife can deco a home out of the rewards "bank" without having to lug around a remote bank access device. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.