Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] New Healthbar Bug (worse than old one)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by eli, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Avatar

4/2/2018 12:52 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100% once affected.
    Blocker? yes. Basic combat mechanics cannot be trusted.
    Details: On your own avatar's screen, the healthbar refills to full. However, on a different avatar's screen, your healthbar is artificially capped too low.
    This is worse than the previous healthbar bug for two reasons:
    - you don't know it's happening to you. It does not appear on your own screen.
    - It is not cosmetic, your health is treated as the lowest of the two. On your screen, you can be at 150 health, and a 3 damage blow can kill you. I've attached a video to prove it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Die a bunch of times to trigger healthbar bug. Use a second avatar to determine whether you are experiencing it. I was doing it by dueling myself over and over again to test ransom selection.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 12288
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D700 OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (60.3, 38.2, 242.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoNjAuMjcxLCAzOC4xNSwgMjQyLjY1KXwoMCwgLTAuMjI2LCAwLCAwLjk3NCl8LTM5OC4wNjE3fDM0Ljg3MDc1fDkuNzY0OTQz

Here is the video: the victim is the left (back) screen. It speaks for itself, but basically according to the victim, she was at 184 health and then was killed by a 3 health attack.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    scorpius2 and Elnoth like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We have some performance fixes we are patching in shortly - it will be the next patch. I'd like to check the behavior once it is live to see if you can do this again.

To help try to cut down on any possible complications, restart your PC before attempting and have no other programs open that you don't need at that moment. Obviously, you'll need a screen capture program which will probably take a good amount of CPU use, but that's ok. The goal is to see how today's improvements affect this behavior. But you'll have to wait for 759.
    @eli

Thanks so much. Interesting video indeed!

Rentier and eli like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.