Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] NPC Pet Nameplate missing

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sentinel2, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

1. Title:NPC Pet Nameplate missing
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: When placing a Deco Pet at my Inn, I noticed the nameplate no longer appears above him.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Place your Lords Servant Decoration Pet on your property. No name appears. Reloading the scene didn't correct this. Pressing 'n' didn't resolve it either. Moved Deco Pet near some chickens and took a screen shot (below). You can see the name 'chicken' appears in the distance however nothing above the Deco pet's name. I checked the Interface options. Nameplate options were enabled. Sounds very similar to this thread from r49. The last instructions there was to create a new report if it came up again.
    6. User Specs:
      CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8310 Eight-Core Processor
      GPU: GeForce GTX 960
      RAM: 16 Gigs
      SANDisk 500 GB SSD drive

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sentinel2, it looks like this is not a problem with that specific pet and not a linux-specific problem.

[​IMG]

is he walking around and interacting or just standing still?

have you tried
    a: picking him up and resetting him
    b: a different lot?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

He stands around and doesn't move. I noticed other Deco Pets also not moving in town. However sheep, chickens, guards. All are moving and interacting. This is in Taenby Landing btw.

Picking him up and resetting didn't work. Reloaded the scene several times. No help. However moving him to another lot in another town. Yeah. That fixed it. I see the nameplate now and he's walking around. Maybe a problem with the town perhaps? Interesting problem. Good Call! Very curious why it breaks in that town.

In case it's important.

Location is Area: Taenby Landing (PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing) Loc: (97.7, 38.5, 91.5) DBG: UFJUX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfFRhZW5ieSBMYW5kaW5nfCg5Ny43NDYsIDM4LjQ4MywgOTEuNDc3KXwoMCwgLTAuNjIxLCAwLCAwLjc4NCl8MzE3Ljc3NDV8MTYuMjA3NTF8Mg==

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. Alley Oop

deco pets only move when the owner of the lot they're on is in the scene (and that instance of it). if others in town weren't moving, that's correct (unless they were on your lots or unless their owners were on qa and in town with you). confirm the lot your inn is on is claimed by the same char as you were testing with? perhaps it didn't recognize you as the owner.

5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ok. That would make sense then. The lot is owned by one of my alts and I'm a Co-owner of it. Dropping my Deco Pet on the lot didn't animate him. However the nameplate is still missing :)

Or is that related? Shouldn't I be able to see it even if I'm a Co-owner?

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I think you have to be the specific owner to see. I'll research that one.
    @Alley Oop do you know? I just cannot recall off hand if I have seen them on others or not...I vaguely recall that I could not but I think there were other nameplate issues going on at the time.

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Well. That was unexpected :)

Looking on R49, I noticed I can't see the nameplates of any deco pets or servants of others however everything else has a nameplate on it. Guards, Vendors, Players. Even practice dummies. Pretty much everything. Cept the Deco pets :D

I'm curious if that was intended?

I never noticed it before until now.

8. Alley Oop

co-owners don't count, has to be the owner. it's the same issue with the practice dummies not being active. and yes, if it's not active, it's got no nameplate, always been the case.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I wasn't reading the right documentation somewhere :D

thanks a bunch!

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.