Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Oracle Test Reward Sent to Backpack

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Culann, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Culann

Culann Avatar

5/14/2018 11:43 PM
    Title: Oracle Test Reward Sent to Backpack
    Reproduction Rate: 1 of 1
    Blocker? no
    Details: Did the Oracle 'test' in Drachenfal's POT... the Oracle said my answer was correct and awarded me experience points. But, there weren't acknowledged in the chat gump on on screen as usual. Later, I discovered they were added to my backpack inventory as shown below.
    Steps to Reproduce: ??? will try again tomorrow... please note that my other avatar did not have this problem... gold and exp points were awarded as usual.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 GPU RAM: 960
    SotA.QA.Win.64.676.Date.05.11.18
    Area: BasementCaveVillage_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Mine 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (14.8, -25.0, 10.5)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRDYXZlVmlsbGFnZV81Rmxvb3J8fCgxNC44NDcsIC0yNC45ODEsIDEwLjUxKXwoMCwgLTAuNTg4LCAwLCAtMC44MDkpfC0yODcuNDk0OXwyMS41ODk3M3wxLjcyOTg5Nw==
    [​IMG]

niteowl57 likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This should be fixed in a future QA build. I cannot repro on next patch expected to hit QA.
    @Culann

3. Culann

Culann Avatar

@Lexie
    I was unable to reproduce this in build 680. After thinking about it a bit last night, I think the problem originated with a pathfinding issue at the Drakenfel oracle. I'd just discovered that once the door is open, the oracle can be accessed without entering the building. Last night, I was a bit too far away and my avatar got stuck in a pathfinding loop outside the building, but the oracle menu was still available. I clicked test and made the correct choice after the building door had closed. I gotta hand it to the program though. It made sure I got the reward even if I couldn't use it.

Tonight, I was able to replicate the pathfinding issue, but even though the oracle conversation menu was available, I was unable to use it. Sooo...I guess it was a one off or was corrected in the new patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.