Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] OS X client reverts resolution to 3360x1890 after every patch

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Widsith [MGT], Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Seen after patching to level 698 and also 697 - didn't report the latter as the client had crashed just before the patch so I couldn't isolate cause. Not quite a blocker, but loads of fun getting the UI to work at 3fps until I can get switched to something more reasonable for this machine.

2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie @Attenwood Amending this to: OS X reverts to 3360x1890 AT EVERY FRESH LAUNCH. It isn't saving video resolution at all. This is kind of a blatant bug. Is anyone minding the store on OS X? Buehler?

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Widsith [MGT]
    Yes, we test Mac every day.
    We are unable to repro this internally on our Mac on the latest build between client restarts. We're quickly approaching our next release (due to the holidays) so please let us know if it continues after the next big build please.

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie To eliminate variables, as an experiment I disconnected my second screen (SotA has always been running on the main iMac screen). No change, SotA still reverts to 3360x1890 at every fresh launch, on a completely stock iMac.

On the good side, doing that did make the 'epilepsy display' go away, now I get a completely black screen until the game's splash display appears. Maybe a clue for chasing that bug - it appears to be graphics configuration dependent (even if the change is in a screen that SotA will not be using).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.