Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Path of Courage issues

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sorthious, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

10/5/2017 12:52 PM

Reproduction Rate: None

Blocker? No

Details: I was able to complete the Path of Courage without delivering the Royal Warrant to Lord Ferig, nor freeing Sir Patrick. Honestly, I couldn't find Sir Patrick as it was a little vague. I wasn't sure if it meant a kobold camp northwest of Estgard within the town, or northwest of Estgard on the overworld map. I tried to complete the quest part that told me to speak with Krisach the kobold, but the guards at Korabar's castle said that 'He isn't here today.' So, that quest still shows as an incomplete task in my journal.

When I got the Diplomatic note from Korabar, I went back to Valhold and talked with Mara and Essen. At a point Ferig should up, and a text box popped up, but there was no text in it. I was at a loss as to how to proceed. I tried saying things like peace, Demig, Mara,etc., and nothing worked. I had to, ultimately, watch a walkthrough on YouTube. So, to finish the quest I had to say Stand Back, in order to get Ferig to kill Mara. There is no way I would have figured this out without the walkthrough. I'm sure it's mainly to do with me never delivering the letter to Ferig. I didn't trust Mara, so that is why I held off on delivering the letter. This was due to dialogue with other NPC's which warned me to be careful with her.

User Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 15990
    GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-35-generic, LLVM 4.0.0) GPU RAM: 8132
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.672.Date.10.04.17

Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfQXJ0aWZpY2VJbnRlcmlvcnx8KDI2Mi4wMDMsIC0xNS4wMDMsIC0xNjguMjU3KXwoMCwgMC42ODUsIDAsIC0wLjcyOSl8NjMyLjA4NDJ8OC42MDQwMDl8OC45MTk1NTY=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sorthious
    I do recall Lum mentioning that you don't have deliver the warrant in order to complete the path.
    With "stand back" did you scroll through all the keyword options at the bottom to see if it was one available? I'm glad you got it figured out, but yeah, we don't want people to hit major roadblocks.
    Is this a quest line you had picked up and started awhile ago, so perhaps the quest flags were different at one point?

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Lexie , yes, I had started the quest line quite a long time ago. There were no keywords at the bottom of the text window. When Ferig appeared, the game presented me with a blank text box, with no selectable keywords. Everything I typed, until I used Stand Back, resulted in him saying something like "I have nothing to say to you." The keyword selections at the bottom of the text boxes went several releases ago. Not sure if this is the case for Windows or not, but it is for me in Linux. I still get selectable(highlighted and blue) text within the text-box, but only if the character i'm speaking with uses those keywords. At that part of the quest, the text-boxes for Esssen, Mara, and Ferig were blank. So, the player is basically left with no indication as to what to do next.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sorthious
    So you are not seeing any arrow icon to click that would show the keywords again? It's a tiny icon. I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. :)

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah...there were no icons at the bottom of the text window. There used to be, but they stopped being displayed several releases ago. I will look again..but they weren't there last I looked. Maybe there is a new option to toggle keyword display buttons?

@Lexie , I found the arrow that drops down the hints. Didn't realize that it had been modified.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  6. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

Sorry Sir Patrick, you're gonna die.

Seriously. I killed wave after wave of Kobolds in a supposed single combat in the arena. They kept coming and coming, and the Kobold Komander didn't give me squat. The Sir Patrick quest is broken.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Sarinbain and margaritte like this.
  7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I went into the arena to fight the champion, but no one showed up to do battle with me. I ended up just killing the guard and opening Patrick's cage, but I still have that quest, "earn Sir Patrick's Freedom" open in my journal even though he said he was off to see Ferig. I did get a "Speak With Lord Ferig" quest prompt, though, so I am able to continue.

Sorthious likes this.
  8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I also had that issue and when I talked with Lord Ferig, if I remember correctly, he told me to go talk to Grannus again. When I did, I couldn't get in to see him.

9. Sarinbain

Sarinbain Avatar

I had the same luck as D'Weasel. They just keep coming in three's. Quest did not update and the kormander just said you know what has to be done. I was able to free him as Margaritte did. Killing the guard and having the quest left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.