Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Pelican during teleport consumes scroll, leaves you in orginal location

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Bodhbh Dearg, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

09/17/2017 23:53
    Title: Pelican during teleport consumes scroll, leaves you in orginal location
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: If you're unlucky enough to get a PELICAM during teleporting, it consumed the scroll, but leaves you in the orginal location, even if the teleport scene load of the new scene was between 90-98%!
    Steps to Reproduce: Get PELICANned during teleport
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 555 OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 2048
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Sparrowfall
    Area Display Name: Sparrowfall
    Loc: (91.6, 41.4, -68.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFNwYXJyb3dmYWxsfCg5MS41OTQsIDQxLjM1OSwgLTY4LjY4KXwoMCwgMC45NjcsIDAsIC0wLjI1NCl8MjA5LjQzNDZ8MTB8MS44NTM5NjM=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Bodhbh Dearg
    Unfortunately we don't have much control of the game mechanics at that exact moment when a disconnect is happening. This really goes for any game. Information going to and from your computer is getting unexpectedly interrupted. Depending on what is happening at that exact moment, the behavior can vary per each disconnect, even if you are doing the same thing in game each time. Somewhere in the confusion it thinks you were arriving at your new location but you were not. The end result you experienced is difficult to troubleshoot. I did test to see if I can interrupt my teleport without it consuming the scroll, and that did work.

If you get disconnects often we need to address the root cause. It should be very rare to even occur.

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Agreed, but it is a bit of a pain that it consumes the scroll... It either shouldn't consume the scroll until you've actually arrived, or it should remember where you were teleporting to and set that as your new location...
    I mean, it *did* load all the way from 0%-94% (or somewhere thereabouts), so it definitely *knows* where I was headed, and it *was* loading that scene!

This is the second time I got disconnected while teleporting in about a month, so it definitely isn't high frequency, but both times I *did* consume the scroll, while being left in my original location... And Teleport scrolls are relatively cheap, so it's not a huge investment... It just sucks when it happens... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.