Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] PvP players attackable before deco-load on lots without houses.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Ancev, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

4/13/2018 6:59 PM
    Title: PvP players attackable before deco-load on lots without houses.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    It appears that you're able to hit PvP targets behind palisade walls and probably granite block structures and other deco on lots without houses placed.

Steps to Reproduce:
    To repro this, enclose a lot with palisade walls but don't choose a house. Stand in the center of your lot and duel another player. The player can run off the screen so that the lot unloads itself/is not visible.. then run back onto the screen and target the opposing player and hit them with spells before the Palisade wall sections load. Not sure how exploitable this is with one player, but with a group that knows how to 'sync dump' this would probably be an insta-kill.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 8121
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Island01_01
    Area Display Name: Blood Bay
    Loc: (282.1, 23.1, 651.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSXNsYW5kMDFfMDF8fCgyODIuMTE4LCAyMy4xMDMsIDY1MS4yNzkpfCgwLCAtMC4xMDUsIDAsIC0wLjk5NCl8LTQ1NC4xMjQ4fDE4Ljk2Nzk3fDEyLjA3NTg4

2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I was attempting this bug on a village lot - I'm trying it now on a town lot and it seems more difficult.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is part of a larger issue involving pvp and collision. It is currently being worked on. It is a massive task to complete so I don't know when it will be ready to go live just yet.
    @Ancev

Ancev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.