1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Responded] Random FPS stutters\freezes

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by zagaroth, Dec 2, 2021.

1. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

1. Title: Random FPS stutters\freezes
    2. Reproducible = yes
    3. Blocker = not exactly but very annoying
    4. Details: I am continually getting random FPS stutters\freezes. They don't last long, normally less than a second, but it is very annoying. I have tried disabling all graphical options in the game and setting the graphics as low as they can go but the issue persists.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Play the game.
    6. User Specs: RAM = 16 GB / CPU = Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz / GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / OS = Windows 10

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Chiasma likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@zagaroth are you running any lua mods? see if they disappear if you remove them.

3. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

4. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

Any other suggestions?

5. Alley Oop

can you run the /bug command in game and post the output here? i'd like to make sure that the hardware you have is what the game is actually seeing.

6. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

Didn't know this command basically creates the bug report for me lol. Below is that output

12/04/2021 20:07
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16310
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1492.Date.12.03.21
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (95.3, 50.9, 18.5)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDk1LjM0NSwgNTAuODU1LCAxOC40NTcpfCgwLCAwLjk5LCAwLCAtMC4xNDQpfDE5Ni4xNzE5fDI0LjMzNTU0fDYuOTU3OTkz

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

@Echondas, do you have any ideas on this? nothing is sticking out for me

8. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

Any chance of an update? As I stated before, it is not the end of the world, but I would like to fix it. It can be very detrimental when I am trying to heal while in a party.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is happening when you are in a party and trying to heal other players?

10. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

Not just in a party. It happens no matter what I am doing. I was just stating that it happens to affect the gaming experience during parties, and I normally heal in those parties.

Edit: To clarify, this issue happens no matter what I do in the game. It does seem to get worse the longer I am in the game and the more I travel to different zones. I have not narrowed that down exactly, but I will start trying to narrow it down more.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

the next time you see it happening, check how much memory the process is using and how much you have left.

12. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

Will do. I played for about 45 minutes last night in the Elysium mines and I never had an issue.

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This sounds like hitching? Once I'm in a scene I plan to spend some time in, I usually quit and reload to keep things clean.

14. zagaroth

zagaroth Avatar

That is exactly what I started to do. It seems to help with the issue. Is there anything else I can try or is this the best solution for the moment?

P.S. Sorry for the late response. I live near the tornados that hit Kentucky and we lost power for almost a week.

Echondas likes this.
  15. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

No worries, glad you are well after going through that situation.

I think what we both noticed is related to the Unity engine and sometimes how it handles "Garbage Collection". From watching the Twitch streams, I've heard Chris reference hoping to move to a newer version of Unity which might alleviate some of this.