Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Serious Performance Problem, also cannot open Oracle door

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by JonCard, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonCard

JonCard Avatar

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Details: I don't know if these are related issues, but I have always had issues with performance being extremely slow and I just assumed it was because my computer wasn't very good, but I just checked the requirements listed and it doesn't seem like I should be having a problem.
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5800 @ 3.20 GHz, 2 Cores
    Total Physical Memory: 4.00GB, Available Physical Memory: 2.72 GB
    DirectX version: 11
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5450

I have set the video settings to "Fastest"

I thought it might be performance related, but the last time I was in the game, my character was recreated and I got as far as the Oracle on Isle of Storms and could not open the Oracle door to get out of the building. I have just returned and now I cannot get in.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back. I enjoyed what of the game I could many revisions ago when I last successfully logged in. I just finished Sword of Midras and was hoping to look in again at New Britannia.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

if it is a special scene, where you encounter this, please do the ingame bugreport so the devs have the location and some debug info

for my part it is the slow loading of decoration/houses, Merchants that delays the door in front of me to open - but the wait time for me is about 90s

How long do you wait till the door gets the green cursor?

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

JonCard, unfortunately the specs you have listed fall below our minimum system requirements. We are always working on improving application performance, so it's possible we may be able to lower our minimum specs in a future release.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_031

Rentier likes this.
  4. JonCard

JonCard Avatar

I could have sworn that page said 4GB of RAM when I looked at it last week. Perhaps it was an old version of the page.

Thank you. I will let you know if more RAM fixes the issue. If you see a problem other than the RAM, please let me know; it isn’t obvious to me. Thank you for replying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.