Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded]Sound cutting out

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Cassandra Corax, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Area: Wisteria Lane (POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Wisteria Lane) Loc: (45.9, 36.0, -113.8) DBG: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxXaXN0ZXJpYSBMYW5lfCg0NS44NTQsIDM2LjAzNywgLTExMy44MTMpfCgwLCAwLjk4OSwgMCwgMC4xNDgpfDg4My4yNjY4fDguNDc1NDg3fDMuMjcyMTE2
    I had this problem for some time. The sound will constantly cut out whenever I execute an action of some sort, may it be just opening a box or door. I have to keep on clicking on the sound bar to get it going again. I dont have a problem with any other program/game on my computer.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Cassandra Corax
    Have you attempted a full uninstall and reinstall of the game, what have you attempted to do in order to fix this issue? We will want to narrow down the possibilities....it may be very well be the game, but a patch fix may not resolve this issue.
    Since this has been a long going issue I suspect that this is not widespread; I hope we can isolate the problem.
    What do you mean by clicking on the sound bar to get it going again?

3. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Thank you for responding so swiftly. Yes I may have to reinstall the game. As for clicking the sound bar its the speaker icon which lets you move the mixer bar up and down mostly that fixes the problem for a few minutes. (sorry Im not very good in explaining this)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It is understandable...it is hard to figure out problems like these sometimes...
    @Cassandra Corax
    If you are in windows, you may want to try the diagnostic to see if it can find any sound problems. If it finds a problem it can auto-repair. The way you would find it would depend on which version of windows you are using (if that is your operating system) so I would do a keyword search for 'sound' on your system to locate it.
    It might also be a sound driver issue but this is just a theory, of course.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Cassandra Corax while this doesnt happen in other games do you have an option to turn off exclusive use in the sound options?

6. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Not sure but will have a look once I get home from work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.