Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded]*spoilers* Phineas in Blood River Outskirts

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Rentier, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

7/28/2017 11:57 PM
    Title: Phineas in Blood River Outskirts doesn't accept the Warrant
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?for the Warrant yes (I already got the rewards in R43)
    Details: Phineas in Blood River Outskirts doesn't accept the Warrant (ok i already gave it to him in R43 but why did i get a spare warrant from the captain then, and why did Phineas ask about the warrant and not accept the old R43 one nor the new R44 one?
    Steps to Reproduce:Have a char which gave the warrant to phineas in R43 and got the reward and then let him ask the captain about the warrant and bring that one to Phineas. He doesn't accept it...and the give window stays till reloading the scene... Edit: till closing the client and restart the game!
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4009
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.634.Date.07.27.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (283.6, 70.8, -126.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyODMuNjQ1LCA3MC43NzYsIC0xMjUuOTkxKXwoMCwgLTAuNDUyLCAwLCAwLjg5Mil8LTEwNi4zOTE4fDQ0LjEyNzk3fDkuNjI2MTYy

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Because the quest was bugged. You shouldn't have been able to get another warrant.
    Because the quest was bugged, you got in a wacky flag state. You already served Phineas the warrant, so the reward flags have already been set and rewards only are given out once. Trying to get a second award for the same thing won't happen. So, for whatever reason, the window may pop up, but he won't accept the second warrant.

I'm trying to cover every conceivable permutation of the turn-ins for BRO, and trying to fix every strange circumstance that occurs. The problem is that the situation you are running into, I cannot reproduce on my end. You got yourself in a unique flag state that seems to override a lot of the checks I have in the conversations. So when I try to fix a problem like yours, after the fact and without the ability to reproduce, there's a lot of hypothesizing on my part. What makes it harder, is that QA often times cannot repro yours, or similar, bugs, either. This makes it frustrating for all parties. But if QA CAN repro the bug (or better yet, I can), then a solid fix can go in.

This is the pitfalls of testing an alpha state game. Not everything works right out the gate. That's why we appreciate you players testing the new content that goes in. But keep in mind, you are testing new content that will have bugs. As such, you will get in bad flag states between releases when we try to fix the bugs in the previous release. Not always, or everyone would be reporting the same problems you are. But it can and will happen. When the game is released, i.e. not alpha or beta, you will have the opportunity to reset your story and do any and all story content again.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Thx for the answer
    looking forward for the story-flag wipe :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.