Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Stacked buffs dont show increase in duration on tool-tip as they are stacked

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Filter Bubble Algorithm, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

9/21/2017 1:00 PM
    Title: Stacked buffs dont show increase in duration as they are stacked
    Reproduction Rate: 5/5
    Blocker? no
    Details: Stacking buff glyphs increases duration but doesnt illustrate on the tool-tips
    [​IMG]

Tested with Strenght of Earth, Air's Embrace, Enlightenment, Silent Movement, Celestial Blessing
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. log in
    2. unlock strength of earth
    3. train strength of earth till you can stack multiple times
    4. build a buffing deck with Strength of Earth as a locked glyph
    5. stack strength of earth by hardpressing (press and hold as stacks increase) the locked glyph till it increases in stacks and mouse over the glyph to see duration
    6. cast spell on self and mouse over the buff and notice duration isnt the same as tool-tip of the glyph on combat bar when it was stacked
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8055
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 2019
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.552.Date.09.21.17
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (60.9, 27.9, -28.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDYwLjk0NSwgMjcuOTEsIC0yNy45ODMpfCgwLCAwLjcxMSwgMCwgLTAuNzA0KXw2MjkuNjEzfDkuNTAyNzIzfDI=

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Filter Bubble Algorithm
    grr, I cannot repo. When I stack it is showing the correct time on the stacked buff icon. This includes the strength buff.
    Can you try restarting the client to see if it still happens? Maybe there is something unique to this.

3. Filter Bubble Algorithm

@Lexie
    "Stacking buff glyphs increases duration but doesnt illustrate on the tool-tips" of the glyph on the combat bar to be more clear.
    Mouse over the glyph on your combat bar as you "stack strength of earth by hardpressing the locked glyph till it increases in stacks (can also be done by the old way of stacking glyphs) and mouse over the glyph to see duration". Like I did in the pic with the red circle around the "4".

I showed the screenshot of the buff icon showing the "correct" duration. And I showed the pic of the glyph on the action bar "not increasing" as it stacked by pressing the hotkey and holding. You will notice the +# str and -#focus will increase but NOT the duration. The correct duration is shown on the buff but not the stacked glyph. Notice the duration that is underlined in RED on the pic I posted.

This:
    [​IMG]

21 minutes is wrong for a 4 stack, it should show ~44minutes

To do this, you need to create a "buffing deck" and do it from combat stance. I will add this to the steps to be more clear.

I hope this is more clear :D
    I can see how this got confusing, I even confused myself as I read it lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Oh! So I was stacking, checking the buff icon at the top left of the screen, and seeing the number did get correctly multiplied in the tooltip.
    I don't think that number where you are seeing it has ever changed. It's just like hovering your mouse over the glyph and seeing the general info on it.
    @Filter Bubble Algorithm

5. Filter Bubble Algorithm

@Lexie
    but the +str increases as it stacks, and the duration doesnt (on the glyph tool-tip on the hotbar)

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.