Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Stuck on "The living dead"

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Glopton, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

Hi,

I just took on the fight with Min Liang Tan in "The tower of the shuttered eye" in a party with one more. He recieved the "Keystone for Necropolice" but I did not. My quest updated which told me to inform Siranto or Khasi about his death, but I can not advance and I still see Min Liang Tan in Ardoris while my friend see a secretary there instead.

What do I do?

Best regards
    Glopton

LoneStranger likes this.
  2. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

Update

I restarted the game, tried to talk to Siranto or Khasi without any progress. BUT, I went into single mode, went back to "The tower of the shuttered eye" at the midnight and Min Liang Tan was there again. I killed him and I now have the key!

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Glopton
    Good deal. I'm glad you found a workaround :) I am guessing something stopped the scene from spawning correctly the first time, and when you switched modes you got a fresh scene that worked.
    I'll keep an eye out for future reports.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@Lexie, this behavior is in a few sequences, like where we find the lenses.
    I assume, because these are parts to do Solo. So it seems not to be a buck.
    The "workaround" is still as you described, @Glopton. Load new in another mode to get it.

The question should be:
    Shouldn't we reach SOLO-Parts with Partymembers, like Shuttered Eyes?
    I don't think so.
    But a thing to discuss for the different play modes ...

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I ran into this last night. I was also in Multiplayer mode when I went into the tower, which I then noted told me I was in Solo/Party.

I went back to talk about what had happened and realized that I didn't have the key that my journal says I "scooped" up. I will have to try again tonight or tomorrow to see if being in Solo mode before going into the tower makes a difference.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I went back into the Tower in Solo mode, and did not receive any of the "goading" prompts like I did the first time through. (As an aside, I had the goading prompts even after killing him, when I went into the side-wings of the first floor after killing him.) This time, I received the experience and the key after killing Min.

One observation... I did not get a chance to read all of his chat options before he bailed and wanted to fight. I noticed this the first time through. I think this is a bad idea, because a player might not actually get any of the story that explains his reveal. As it is, it's weak because I don't think any of this was foreshadowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.