Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Time Paradox - fighting negative time.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Talimar, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

10/7/2017 8:16 AM
    Title: Paradoxial negative time.
    Reproduction Rate: twice.
    Blocker? Yes.
    Details: It's happened twice now on two seperate days. The mobs I'm fighting. (skeletons) seem to freeze and then me/them start to receive little/no damage except by timed/DoT type damage. Then the DoT abilites start running into negative time.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.672.Date.10.04.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-75.1, -20.0, -81.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC03NS4wODIsIC0yMCwgLTgxLjUxMSl8KDAsIDAuOTk4LCAwLCAtMC4wNil8NTgxLjM2NzZ8MjIuNTQyMzZ8NS42MzY3NzM=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there was a problem with dots running negative a long time ago, but i'm not finding it in the forums now. it seemed to happen most when there were multiple ones running: the one that expired kept going because there was one that hadn't expired yet.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Talimar
    I think this related to a 'bad skill' bugging out with an asset in the zone. If this continues I'd like to get a list of all the spells you used in the mines. With /debug on, I can tell pretty easily which spell may be causing it. When it does happen, the connection gets so bad all sorts of weird issues begin to happen until you restart the client. The behavior you described sounds like one of the symptoms.

4. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

mhm. I was also thinking that last time, I tried to rush a buff spell from my utility bar before my attack bar came up; as the ankh was surrounded. :)
    utility: Light, Sprint, Strength of Earth, Enlightment, Air's embrace, Celestial Blessing (happened with/without this one.) Summon Ice, Summon water, Ressurection

Figh bar: Healing Ray, Helaing Grace, Soothing Rain, (Stone Fist, Break Armor, Break weapon, slot 4.), (Ground Pound, Earthquake, slot 5), Meteor Shower, Immolation, Banish undead, Elysium Illumination, Aetheric feedback.

Somebody mentioned in guild that there's sometimes a glitch with Soothing rain recently?

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Talimar
    Thanks for that. I could not repro with these skills you mentioned but I'll keep an eye on this.
    If you find this problem again, restart the client and when you restart type /debug at the location. Once you use the skill that caused the issue you'll get some Error information at the top (Error: 1) You can get more information by clicking the toggle switch on the far right, but as long as it changes from Error: 0 to 1 (or higher) we will know that was it.

That is assuming that was the issue, of course :)

Talimar likes this.
  6. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

all good. There was an interupt earlier today where an earth elemental froze my mining at metic.x2. then I went and hit it afterwards and it gave me a single shot x3 instead of the usual loot that it would normally do. Not sure if this would be related. Only that a possible interupt, etc. would be consistent with the ankh time and this one.

10/12/2017 2:31 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.672.Date.10.04.17
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-67.5, -20.0, 151.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfRWx5c2l1bU1pbmVzfHwoLTY3LjQ2NiwgLTE5Ljk5MiwgMTUxLjY2OSl8KDAsIDAuMTE4LCAwLCAtMC45OTMpfDcyMy40NzQ0fDMyLjUxNDAyfDguMTEyNTk5

7. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Time
    ====
    16:44:07.917

StackTrace
    ==========
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.DoDebuff (.GameEntity source, .GameEntity target, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.TriggerEffect (UseRuneParameters useRuneParameters, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.ApplyEffectToEntity (.GameEntity entity)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.ApplyImmediateEffect (.GameEntity parentEffectTarget)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.SetState (EffectState state)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.Update ()
    BaseCharacterController.UpdateEffects ()
    PlayerController.UpdateInternal ()
    BaseCharacterController.UpdateExternal ()
    Portalarium.PortMonoUpdater.Update ()

Time
    ====

StackTrace
    ==========
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.DoDebuff (.GameEntity source, .GameEntity target, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.TriggerEffect (UseRuneParameters useRuneParameters, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.ApplyEffectToEntity (.GameEntity entity)
    Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance.ApplyImmediateEffect (.GameEntity parentEffectTarget)

Time
    ====

StackTrace
    ==========

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:07.917

Category: CONSOLE

Message: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stack Trace: Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.DoDebuff (.GameEntity source, .GameEntity target, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)

Time: 16:44:47.499

Message: UsedSkill=GroundPound, HandSlotIndex=4 SP1=960 SP2=539

Stack Trace:

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:47.505

Message: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stack Trace: Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffect.DoDebuff (.GameEntity source, .GameEntity target, Portalarium.SotA.Gameplay.CombatEffectInstance effectInstance)

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:44.342

Message: UsedSkill=MeteorShower, HandSlotIndex=5 SP1=960 SP2=539

Stack Trace:

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:43.220

Stack Trace:

first error that I got during debug:

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:07.449

Object Path:

Time: 16:44:07.451

Message: KGFDebugGui in use. Calls OnGUI which is not performant!

Stack Trace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.