Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Upper Tears - River has no texture, can see seams very plainly

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

5/30/2018 2:44 PM
    Title: Upper Tears - River has no texture, can see seams very plainly
    Reproduction Rate: Two computers
    Blocker? No
    Details: The entrance river in Upper Tiers is missing it's texture, it just looks like a matte color. Probably because of this thhe seams are very obvious, straight lines cutting across the river.

We're seeing this on both Viola and my computer. She's got a Radeon RX-580.

Steps to Reproduce: Look at the river from my location.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.695.Date.05.30.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (462.1, 121.2, -12.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ2Mi4wNzcsIDEyMS4xOCwgLTEyLjEwNyl8KDAsIC0wLjgxMSwgMCwgMC41ODUpfDIzNS4wMTc1fDQuMjA5NjJ8NS4wODk5NzU=

Echondas likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I spoke to the worldbuilder on this one, not too long ago. We have a JIRA for our tech team for water improvements. In the meantime the worldbuilder is gonna continue to do what he can to make his own improvements. I would treat this as a known issue until I can gather more information. I'm sure I'm seeing the same thing you are.

When it comes to this river, you or anyone else sees that the VFX for the waterfalls are not loading correctly please let us know. I'm guessing you did not see any problems there. We'll treat that at a separate issue and as of right now, we're having problems reproing that.

The water on the overworld looks amazing! We have some work to do to get other bodies of water up to par with it.
    @Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It does look amazing on the overworld, and in lots of levels. Rivers are more challenging, I know. The water out in the lake looks great, I would be curious if it does when standing far above.

I'll keep an eye out for the waterfall, we're going back in for another round shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.