1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Resubmitted 71732] The floor of the Kobold Four-Story Great Hall (city home) is full of bugs

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Isabel Ayin, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

10/06/2023 16:17
    Title: The floor of the Kobold Four-Story Great Hall (city home) is full of bugs
    Reproduction:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Problems with the rugs on the ground floor: on the floor next to the back wall and on the floor of the long room behind that wall. If I put the rugs at 100% scale, this happens:[​IMG]

If I want to scale the rug to 120%, this happens:
    [​IMG]

Problems with the rugs on second floor: the same thing happens, in the same areas.

Problems with the containers on ground floor: in the same long room as before, if I bring the containers closer to the wall, this happens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I want the container to look correctly, I can't put it next to the wall.
    [​IMG]

Problems with the containers on fourth floor: wall to the left of the square platform with stairs, there are areas where I can put the containers and there are areas where I cannot (this time, where the containers can be put, I can bring them closer to the wall).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you solve it, yesterday I bought this building with all my enthusiasm and now I am :(:(

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz (4) System RAM: 24539
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1674.Date.10.02.23
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Umbra
    Area Display Name: Umbra
    Loc: (24.3, 89.6, 20.6)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8VW1icmF8KDI0LjI4LCA4OS42MjYsIDIwLjU1OCl8KDAsIDAuMDk4LCAwLCAtMC45OTUpfC03MTcuMjI2Nnw1MC44MjUxNnwzLjE2OTY4OQ==

2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

More bugs.
    On the third floor I can put the rugs in one direction but not the other

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and update! Issue #71732

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

@Sannio, thank you very much for fixing it :):):)

Sannio likes this.
  5. Sannio

You're welcome!

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

@Sannio :(
    I think the floor of this building needs a pixel by pixel review

Edit: the bug is very strange, it seems that it only affects carpets, but not all of them.
    • I can put square, round, oval and animal skin rugs in any scale.
    • I can put rectangular rugs in one direction up to 110%, in the other direction up to 100%, but the "red" and "yellow and orange" rectangular rugs, which are a little smaller than the rest, I can put them in any size.
    • I can't put up giant rectangular rugs in any size.
    • It does not affect the rugs that you have given us with some launches.
    • It doesn't happen on all floors.
    I don't know much about programming, but it is strange, strange

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  7. Sannio

Thanks for the update! I'll take another whack at it.

It's not a programming issue, it's an art issue. There are some flaws in the collision shape that you attach your decorations to. I'm not a 3D artist, but I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue but adding extra deco collision layers that overlap the inherent deco collision until we can eventually get an actual 3D fix. As I work on this issue, I'll try to reproduce the situations you show in your screenshots, but I may not be able to get it 100% working properly with my method.

8. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

That shows what I understand about programming :D
    The "collision" and "layers" thing gives me an idea of what's happening, thank you very much for trying to solve it :)

9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I add this: in my house a tile has been drawn that is no longer there. It's obviously not there, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to put the rug down.
    Area: Umbra (POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Umbra) Loc: (22.83, 89.567, 30.19) DBG: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8VW1icmF8KDIyLjgzLCA4OS41NjcsIDMwLjE5KXwoMCwgLTAuMDEzLCAwLCAtMSl8LTcyMC41MDU1fDUyLjY0MjY4fDQuMjAxNDY1

[​IMG]

10. Sannio

I think the next update will address all the "I can't place here" bugs, although objects may look a bit like they are floating an inch off the ground if you look carefully in one particular room on the top floor. This is because this room has the tippy-top of a wall's deco collision from the level below poking through the floor, which was blocking deco placement on the floor. I had to add a deco surface to the floor that was ever-so-slightly higher than the problematic wall deco collision, but I think it's still in the acceptable range.

I've never seen that bug before. Here's hoping my troubleshooting fixes it!

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  11. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

When I connected, the tile was still there, but this time I was able to remove it from the decoration palette.
    Although it's funny that I could still put a rug on top of the tile :D