1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Resurrect creature fails to work once you die when your pet is dead already

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Waldo Ptolomy, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I have lost 6 nightmares mostly in Eastridge Gap, but also in the Lost Vale quests. I finally was able to recognize what seems to be happening. 1 Pet dies 2 I die, then creature resurrection will no longer rez the creature no matter how many times you try. I end up with a Taming collar that can't be traded, it is green colored in the inventory, and I have to put it in the bank to get rid of it. It is then usable to tame another creature and is no longer untradeable

2. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

whats your RC level, i lost my nightmare a few days ago as well... then used a suicide croc(the lower level one) to raise RC up a bunch... and wasted some g on unicorn, but rainbow vomit sounds weird, so ill need to get another mare:(

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

There must be a little more to this because a couple days ago an aether dragon killed my pig and then me and I had no problems resurrecting my pig. Maybe this is nightmare specific so I'll try to repro it that way.

I am assuming that your ressurect creature level is at least 40 (as high as I've ever needed it to go) and that you are aware there is a time limit to resurrect and when you attempt to rez you are still within the countdown shown on the necklace.

Edit: I went to Eastreach gap with a nightmare, let him be killed then let myself be killed. I was able to rez the nightmare as normal so if the timer isn't running out there must be something else to the bug.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I believe my resurrect creature level is 91 I have seen 100% chance to resurrect and multiple attempts have not rezed it. This has happened over multiple releases I did not connect the dots about my deaths until recently. No idea what else is necessary to repro. I know it has happened in ERG and on lost vale memory fragment quest and in Tartarus forgot about that one. I have had this happen when there was till time left on the timer for the necklace. No idea if location or the nightmare is relevant. Thanks for the reproduction attempt.

Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Are you tamer spec? If not I'll try to repro with an alt that is not spec, but will take a while to level up summoning first.

7. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I am not specialized in Taming

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I was not able to repro with my non-tamer alt using nightmare in Eastreach either. :( Maybe someone else will be able to.

For a moment I thought maybe you were just out of one of the reagents but then discovered res creature is currently working even if you are out of reagents (separate bug reported).

If this happens again make sure to type /bug in your chat window then paste the results into the thread, that will help the devs identify the problem. Also maybe you can find helpful info in your chat logs as to what else was going on at the time.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Thanks I will try to watch for it to see more detail, harder when you are trying not to die again in the rush to rez it. The chat log was not too enlightening, I do notice I was pushed out of the lost vale quest scene by the rez ankh not sure if that is of any significance. I also tried to summon it n0t realizing it was dead, before returning to the quest scene. I have no idea if any of these are relevant.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  10. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I lost another Nightmare a two days ago, I should have done the bug report at that time but I was busy trying not to die against the waves in Tenebris Harbor. I am putting the relevent items of the chatlog from the point that the nightmare died to the point it was lost.

[9/22/2020 5:31:34 PM] [5:31 PM] Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy> has been slain by Invader!
    [9/22/2020 5:31:39 PM] [5:31 PM] Your call was unanswered.
    [9/22/2020 5:31:39 PM] [5:31 PM] You hit nothing! (Summoning) < this might have been an attempt to summon water elemental
    [9/22/2020 5:32:10 PM] [5:32 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:32:22 PM] [5:32 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:32:53 PM] [5:32 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:33:09 PM] [5:33 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:33:36 PM] [5:33 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:33:44 PM] [5:33 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:33:58 PM] [5:33 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:34:19 PM] [5:34 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:34:31 PM] [5:34 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:34:42 PM] [5:34 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:35:15 PM] [5:35 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    [9/22/2020 5:36:50 PM] [5:36 PM] Waldo Ptolomy resurrected Nightmare <Waldo Ptolomy>
    after this the nightmare id dead permently

All the rezes aboue failed to rouse the nightmare laying on the ground.
    somewhere in there I may have tried to