"Returning" teleports

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 27, 2024.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Today I started my gnomish Wizard in his Tower in Eastmarch.
    Used my teleporter to teleport to Kingsport, bought some seeds, a sneak scene key and went into the Sneak Scene only to get caught after only two chests by "Sentry Pink"...

Went out of the Sneak Scene to the docks and wanted to use the violet sail ship to "Return" to Eastmarch.

Result: The ship teleported me to the last zone I was and that was the Sneak Scene in Kingsport...

Expectation: I had expected to be teleported to the last "zone"/town I was in and appear in my lot in Eastmarch.

Should adventuring scenes like the Sneak Scene and I guess the Fight Club, too, count as "returnable" scenes for the teleporters? Or only the "mother zone" - e.g. in my case Kingsport in which the Sneak Scene was.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a scene is a scene. this cannot be done.

Elwyn and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Just guessing but would that mean if someone starts the game in a private basement or dungeon, leaves to the POT and uses a return teleporter he will be teleported back to his private basement/dungeon instead of the last POT he was in?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...kinda. it TRIES to remember basements, but ends up sending you to an empty template. basement/player dungeon instancing is weird.

this is also why anyone reporting a basement or dungeon bug needs to also give the /loc of the entrance to it.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Back in my day. You had to walk from one end of Nico’s to the other end by foot. No teleporters. No recall scrolls. Just all day and all night walking. Be happy.

Elwyn, Sentinel2 and vulcanjedi like this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

With the blizzard in your face in both directions, the checkpoints closed and hungry wolfs howling in every of your footsteps...

And I am happy that it is better than at the start.

What I wanted is first to understand why and to prevent teleport accidents like "The Fly" or in Star Trek or such. Now that I have an explanation and everybody can teleport safely - even if sometimes ending in an empty dungeon or basement - we can live an all happily ever after. :D

vulcanjedi and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

I am sure there is limitations of remembering where you came from last and not stacking the in memory variables with multiple where you weee last, where you were last +1, and so on.

Your suggestions are good.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

back in my day we used moon gates to get around. Maybe someday they will return? :D

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Moongates back in UO. Yup used those during my time in the Ultima single player games and UO.

here we call those lunar rifts. :). Yes they have returned.