Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

root the avatar until they've chosen a path

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

It has been a few months since I did the character creation... it was kind of annoying to run to the rift and not be able to go in as I'd not selected a path. Why not force the avatar to select a path before they can even move away from Arabella?

Siriustar and Time Lord like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Perhaps you could consider that divine punishment for not reading Lum's carefully crafted on-screen messages. :)

Nhili Dragon and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~It's a Valid Question that Comes Up Allot~:oops:
    When questions such as this keep popping up, it causes one to wonder if revolt is the only way something is noticed, and revolt of those that have a high place within our larger gang...
    Every time we ignore things or discount them as not appealing to the masses, we then exclude our game's enjoyment to another sect of our small nich market share.

We have thus far prided our game in appeal for different online/off line ways of play, yet we seem to abandon those core market principles from that point on within our development.
    It's just a trend I've seen happening over a long passage of our SOTA development history. Good for our game or bad, it is none the less there and continuing to grow, further limiting what could be.
    I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying, "it's just there"...
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Coolwaters and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think that's the point of the rift being locked...

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Well, who does not know about the tab trick to enable cursor mode (which is not intuitive at all), may not be able to click these help screens at all.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Yeah, this can be very frustrating for those who didn't read the release 29 instructions or the new targeting FAQ prior jumping in. I mean who RTFM before playing a game these days anyway?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

What we need is an old gatekeeper that shakes his finger at you and tells you that you cannot pass without a password from Arabella before he'll activate the rift for you. Better yet, the character could be Lums character.

8. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

The opening IMO is what we that played the Single player games expect or are used to :)

9. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Well yes it is a primer for the game mechanics that consist of you running back and forth (and back) because you forgot (or didn't know) to ask that one pertinent question ;-) Believe me I'd much rather have that than waypoint icons and all the hand holding. But having said that, its not a very pleasant introduction to the game. A little hand holding while someone is learning to walk is appropriate I think.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.