Royal Elderberry Seed can be sold to NPC and destroyed from inventory

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Toshi2, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Toshi2

Toshi2 Bug Hunter

08/19/2023 09:17
    Title: Royal Elderberry Seed can be sold to NPC and destroyed from inventory
    Reproduction Rate: Once so far
    Blocker? No
    Details: The Royal Elderberry Seed is an extremely rare, irreplaceable item, and should NOT be able to be destroyed or sold to a NPC vendor.

Steps to Reproduce: If you have a Royal Purple Dye, use it on something to get the Royal Elderberry Seed back in your inventory. Right click the seed in inventory, and there will be the option to destroy it. Don't destroy it ;) Now take it to an NPC that buys and sells things and you will see that the NPC will give you a whole 1g for it.

Right click menu:
    [​IMG]

NPC willing to buy it:
    [​IMG]

You can also lose this seed by selling what ever you planted the seed in to an NPC. I didn't think to try selling the Royal Purple Dye to an NPC, but it had a Value of 1000 in my inventory, so it is a possibility.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Greetings!

I've moved this thread into feedback, as most all of the items (pledge or otherwise) can be destroyed or sold to merchants. Though I do agree that in this case the item is required to be reused to continue the benefits of the reward.

We will look at what changes we might be able to make. Since this item is destroyed as part of the natural course of operation, we want to make sure that blocking its destruction will not prevent expected behavior.

I have created an improvement Jira for this and will look to prevent its sale to merchants and manual destruction by players. (apart from the trash can of course - the trash can will always allow for items to be removed from the game with an "Are you sure?" message)

SOTA-71668

Anpu and Toshi2 like this.