Royal Founders, Founders and Water Lot Deeds.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Grave Dragon, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The little village cabanas look great on canals or rivers in town. A few releases ago the river in Kingsport had very nicely decorated ones and they fit very well into the neighborhood. I wouldn't blame Portalarium if players choose to place lighthouses on a canal. The players could have placed their lighthouses on a proper island like Estercove, Port Mirren or the Brave Coast or they could have used the little cabanas.

I am sure there will be many more town water lots once the game is released. Brittany is sure to have some and there are some other coastal towns depicted on the Novia map that aren't in the game yet (e.g. Celestis, Aerie, Xenos, Valhold). I assume that the existing aforementioned islands will remain in the game as well. They would become more attractive to residents if a town center were added with the most important amenities.

Numa and Roper Docholiday like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

I agree that it's strange to find lighthouses along inland rivers and lakes. Why not have river watchtowers as a chosable options for owners? [​IMG]

Moiseyev Trueden and Brent Sasz like this.
  3. Selene

Selene Avatar

There are many town water lots in the three islands off of Kingsport (Port Mirren, Estercove, and Brave Coast). As for Brave Coast, I think it not even PvP anymore, so there are many MANY non-POT water lots that you can live in. Yes, it is not right in Kingsport, but it is one zone away (less than if you have to travel an overland map to get to an NPC town, and you have easy access to both Novia and Hidden Vale.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  4. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

This is a major concern for many player's and town owners.

The Beran league has 2 port's to fill that will consist of primary based on all nautical life from armada sea port to a pirate cove, Im well aware Founders and Royal Founders are the only one able to get a water property. but to only get a water property with a rent free deed is ridiculous. this will truly kill most nautical based towns from the start. there are many players in the game that are Founders and Royal founders that are not high enough in pledge lvl to have bigger lots much less a town lot etc... the village water lots are horrible in the first place. Like many players i have ambitions of having a water lot but had ever intention of using either a purchased from store deed or in game gold. This could truly hurt many pot and change the dynamics of the game negatively.
    @DarkStarr , @Chris

5. Godra

Godra Avatar

How many Duke Keep Lots are available now in pre-alpha? I know of like one or two. I wish I had a map of each NPC Town with lot layout. Would be helpful.

Jacqueline and Roper Docholiday like this.
  6. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

while I feel your pain it is yours by choice, there is/was plenty of time for players to fix issues where they wanted water lots but did not have accounts to cover their plans, so the developers better stick to their guns and leave this as it is. if at some point water lots appear as avail in game or other reasons I will be very VERY pissed and someone will owe me monies.

No the back story I have a town I wanted to have some water lots - so I bought some lots from the store only to find out that they could Not be used for water lots. Complained, was told story and apologies made and corrective actions where taken and to make my plan work I went out and acquired 2 more RF accounts and upgraded to the lots I needed / wanted. I had plenty of time to either adjust my plan or correct the situation which I did.

Everyone has had the same time and knowledge I have had and if you chose no to complete your plan that is / was your choice.

So if it was your concern you should have dealt with it as you KNEW that come 2 Nov Water lots will not be able to be acquired unless you acquire an account that already has them.

If not then time to adjust your plan.

BTW this was started in Sept when Weins clearly stated the plan and the results. Complaining now is just plain bad form.

You have 5 days :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  7. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

The OP makes a valid point. It may be worth taking a stock take to consider whether the old rules fit the where SOTA currently stands in terms of its development. Perhaps far greater demand and new game POT placement dynamics warrant a second look? What are the implications for those POTs who do plan to offer many water lots as part of their builds? Aware that this may influence the rewards / exclusivity built into certain pledge levels, still there you go. My 2c anyway. :)

8. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

Offering a water lot, in a POT, to a player who has the ability is GtG, offering more water lots so players can place them - NO, NO, NO that is a privilege to players who bought in to the game early enough and have upgraded to have them. To change this would completely lose the value of those lots and accounts.

So not worth it, how are you going to compensate those who did take advantage?

FrostII and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    once again, I planned on this. I put my money out there to buy all the water lot deeds that I needed in advance because I knew they where going to be limited. If they start giving out water lot deeds now that are not Rf/F pledge level deeds, there will be some very upset people.

10. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

there will lots of pissed off people either way... looking forward to release two and the oceans opening up to be a playground the water lot issue will be huge. upgrading accounts to knight or knight marshal to just get a decent water lot deed is pathetic. many people were mis informed early on with that water lot deeds will be account based ie need to be royal founder and founder to get. there is going to be 5 releases. I would suspect at some point this game will be over 200k members (personally believe it will be higher) with this data add the current expectations and what we see currently in game we have what 10 to 20k max players that can have a water lot. ever.... with navel battles around the corner etc its sad that we want to take that entire concept out of the game and limit people to not being able to have those things. guess what i am a founder and i have a town lot with my account. I dont and wont and would not have had the ability to buy several more accounts at the founder or royal founder range to get a water lot. the elite of the accounts to be able to have it account based to use lots in game i think is fair u still keep it a small number but i dont see how this can be sustained long term.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I believe in episode 2 there will be more options for water lots. What I have stated previously is the kickstarter version of episode 1. There will be a new continent every release so I believe the opportunities will arise again. But for episode 1, you have to be a RF/F with the deed to have a water lot. it is a major promise in the tiers of the kickstart. If they broke it they would open themselves up to liable.

Numa and Roper Docholiday like this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

im not saying adding other people beyond RF/F access to the lot deeds at all... im saying they should allow those players deeds they buy in game or from add on store should be able to used on water lots. its account based not pledge based. that the reward is on a account base standard ie RF/F not pledge based ie knight marshal lord etc

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I can see your point of view. I understand it, but I do not think it jives with the pledge level then. I bought soley the baron 3 account just for the water lot. If I could have bought it in the add on store and not had to pledge 3800 for just the water lot deed then they should have to compensate me for the misinformation on it being the "only" way to get a water lot deed.

14. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

let me give you another example... i am pledged to knight/knight marshal (upgrading) that gives me a town lot... i will not get a village lot anymore.... therefore even though i have water lot houses and past a village water lot access lvl i cant get a water lot

15. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

the other problem is this creates a play to win mentality / feel to it cause the end around to this right now is i spend 550 dollars and get a citizen account and give the taxfree deed to my founder / Royal founder account and boom second water lot or spend 1200 to get a tax free town lot on a knight marshal account and hand it over to the royal founder account/ founder account. so i can have a secondary deed to get a water lot on. there is a ton of water lots in the game now and all those will be ghosting through most of release 1 unless there is a way for players to get additional lots that can be used on the water... (account bassed to the RF/F)

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

this is the definition of "rare". And why some people cannot have them, and some people will have them. It is a perk for backing a venture not knowing it would even make a game, it was just blind faith.

Brent Sasz and Andaluz like this.
  17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This. Backing a game not even out, not really having certainty it will come out, is a lot different than pay to win after a game is in beta and then launched.

Sometimes taking risks does lead to rewards. Such is life.

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Three of which I am aware-- two in Ardoris and one in Owl's Head.

Edit: Checked in game, and there is one in Port Mirren, as well.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  19. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Traveller13 Thanks. It's tough to claim with only 3. Must be tons of NPC cities to still implement in game then.

20. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

your forgetting all the island templates had them as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.