RPG Codex Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyrin, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koss

Koss Avatar

Exactly why my gameplay has dropped.

bloodydragon, By Tor, Dantuin and 2 others like this.
  2. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

The devs are already making changes based on those negative reviews and everyone's input from the community. But, everyone is still concerned about it and making threads to bring more issues to light.

What I suggest is to continue discussing those major issues, and continue to support the game. Especially if you do like or love the game and would like to see it succeed even more.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

[​IMG]

I mean really what's the point of even reading these reviews. I'm having more fun playing the game than what joe average gamer thinks, seriously. As long as my 25 year whiskey matures before the servers go dark, I'll be fine

4. marthos

marthos Avatar

My suggestion is that Episode 2 focus on the existing continent and flesh out all the systems that we have now. The world is underpopulated right now and not all the cities are filled with quests. We don't need another continent of empty stuff. Continue to add scenes to the current map at higher tiers to keep the progression going. Basically finish what was started, present the gaming community with a polished game, and then go for the gusto again with Episode 3.

5. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Never understimate Joe Average

Dantuin and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

If you are likely to dismiss the impact of negative reviews, these might be an interesting read - and an attempt at a scientific approach to the answer:

http://hciweb.usask.ca/uploads/226-ICEC-Submission_41_final.pdf
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...eviews_and_User_Comments_on_Player_Experience

From the first:
    "It is tempting to believe that a good play experience will outweigh negative buzz surrounding a game, but we show that this may not be the case. Even though experience of the game was not different, players who read negative reviews were still more critical in their perception of the game’s quality."

Dantuin, Womby, Salix and 7 others like this.
  7. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

The impact of negative reviews is a huge reason why the population is in the current state that it is in.

Dantuin, Salix, bloodydragon and 2 others like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Could you enlighten us with what that number is?

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Apparently about 300-500 concurrent users a day isn't enough? I'd love to see it 10x as much, but that is fine by me for now. In fairness, it should be noted that there IS (according to slightly mussed steam numbers) a downward trend over the last couple of months.

10. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

No. That is asking me a question you know I of course have no exact analytical answer to. I'm not even sure why you asked it. Common sense tells me if I heard of a game that I would look up reviews. Ask people. Read about it.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=55.....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.1.93....0.PTzErt1r7mA

I'm not sure what most people's standards are, but I don't believe they are 5/10 and 6/10 ratings.
    Denying the impact of awful reviews does nothing to help the game. Acknowledging them and fixing them do.

Dantuin, Xandra7, Salix and 3 others like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

With the lack of any professional journalism as well as any journalistic integrity most all reviews are completely garbage.

They on occasion bring up some valid points though from time to time.

12. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

I'm not here saying that these people are professional journalists (although I personally believe a lot of them are... Watch some of the youtube videos with millions of followers like lazy peon as well), I am here saying that these are out there and what people will read. What they do read. It is when you just search the game on any search engine. These come up first. The points that go over and over again need addressed. They do impact the game quite a bit on the population side. There wouldn't be as low of the numbers that there are if some of the critique on these reviews were addressed.

K1000, Dantuin, Kpopgurl and 3 others like this.
  13. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Do you mean like this?

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

That is so awesome! Well done devs lol!!!!

Now Mykill, Im not sure why you are posting this, are you saying that the reviews they are reading are anything more then troll's and the dev's should actually listens to some of the extremists negative social engineers out there? Really?

Elwyn likes this.
  15. digriz

digriz Avatar

That person in the video no longer works for the company, so its not relevant anymore. (lum, and others)

sbf2009, Azzamean, Dantuin and 5 others like this.
  16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Honestly, I don't know much social engineers who will play the game for several hundreds or thousands of hours, pay the bills... just to break the project they invested in. By the way, most people here are not giving credits to brainless critics about a prototype (althrough devs knew that the game needed to be worked on at this stage, especially on the graphic side). But my brain much more understands the logic of people who invested money, had expectations, and now are disappointed and worrying with the state of the released game and the way it was welcomed by the public.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    sbf2009, Cordelayne, Dantuin and 2 others like this.
  17. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

High five to the chaps + women over at Reddit RAW.

Dantuin likes this.
  18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I put in 1300 very quickly after persistance with a large group of people.
    I lost faith when PvP expectations fell well below where they were * implied * to be..
    I lost more faith with the economy issues.
    Then agian on slow bug fixes.

My last straw was insane ( ImO ) moderation bias, and i just realized i wasnt having fun playing anymore.
    I must have clocked 300+ hours at least in the same farming zone sinply because the exp wsnt evrn close elsewhere.

When i got back into it.. the monkey room was big.. tjen the liches.. and it was just.. so... grindy.

Last time i was on we were doing 1.2 mil an hour.. and the * pvp *, was people hoping to blow us off a bridge in a PVe zone that was just a grinding spot.
    Simply wasnt fun for me.

Since then i hwv3 had issues with the development directiom of the game and the way the game was being advertised in certain areas. wording that i found simply misleading... and led to more distrust and faith.

Theres so many little things they could and should do thay would make the game Fun to me, but they havnt. ( and yes ive been open about those things for over a year )

Armar, Tiki Pirate, sbf2009 and 4 others like this.
  19. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Like many, I still love what this game was supposed to be - not what it's turned out to be. I still do have fun playing and log into it every day... maybe not for long but I'm still enjoying the potential of what the devs have put in place.

But this author of the article got many things right. They released a game with many, many broken quests with a broken journal, an incoherent story that never draws the player in and what seems like 100's of npcs that still don't have names or dialogue. I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea to release a game in that state.

I'm still a loyal backer... but these things are critical for a game to be taken seriously by anyone. I sometimes hear devs and others talking about Episode 2. I think they should put the brakes on that right now and fix Episode 1 - or there may not be an Episode 2.

K1000, Fister Magee, Gorthyn and 8 others like this.
  20. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I think the fact Port didnt bother finishing all that stuff points to their dire financial position. They didnt even postpone launch a few months until the physical goods were posted.

I dont believe for 1 second that Port is financially stable. + id suggest Ep2 discussion is inexplicable.

Like ByTor, i care about what Shroud should have been, not what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.