RTX Feedback and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A_Ridable_Llama, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

Wasn't one of the RTX threads from the dev section? (Was why I figured there was a dup)

2. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

There is a seperate one in the Dev+ forums which is still there. The 5 that I merged into this one were all in "General Discussion".

3. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

5? :eek: Good grief.

Anyhow just making sure I don't get my wires crossed and mention the playable carrot race.

Dame Lori likes this.
  4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I gather this is supposed to be an opinion/suggestion thread on the demo. I have no developer thoughts as I only look at it as a player and loyal follower of LB. I was floored how far you guys have gotten in 90 days. I feel as though my money is being well spent.

I really like the current look/feel of it so far. Can't wait to see more of the different houses, crafting, character design, etc. But I know that with patience we'll see all that soon.

I guess this is more of a "good job" email and thanks from a fan and future beta tester.

Fortunes Foot likes this.
  5. Nextgener

Nextgener Avatar

I stand corrected in the wake of undeniable Facts.

Good call, knew that demo would bring up a Hell of a discussion.

Rhiannon likes this.
  6. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Another aspect of the game I like shown in the demo is the free form conversation. I can type what I find interesting and the software responds in a natural way.
    As RG said in the demo you aren't told do this or that but rather you decide what matters to you.
    My question is how would one distinguish between an important task that is part of the main story arc and necessary to progress and something that isn't. For example destroying the liche in the crypt could be necessary to progress in the game so if I never do it I'm stuck. Could there be indicators in the game such as NPC responses that would tell me I better look into this as a quest?

7. Rampage202

Rampage202 Avatar

Certain areas will remain unavailable to you until you complete the story based quest in that region. I would imagine the 'storyline' to the main quests will seem pretty consistent in quality of dialogue and expectations of the player.

I don't want the main quest at launch to be completely obvious of course either though, if players reach an area and lose track of who or where they need to reach to continue, immersion would then start to kick in more as the player starts to investigate the region. This is the point where I hope the emergent multiplayer makes things interesting.

8. devaster

devaster Avatar

I wasn't a huge fan of the crafting mechanics. I assume they will be update though. But hopefully a list of options to choose from when using a crafting station and stacked materials. Having to move materials one at a time is cumbersome. Overall I was really impressed though. The big map and then zooming into specific zones looks well done, but I'm not a big fan of that. I always loved the entire open world aspect of Ultima Online and other Ultimas.

When you chop down a tree and it falls over I thought that was great. They will grow back right?

9. EKiN2

EKiN2 Avatar

Presumably, after you exit the instance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.