Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rubberbanding when using S key during combat

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Jace3, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I don't know if this is intended as it is new to me. When I am in combat and trying to draw the enemy back out into a secure area all I get is rubberbanding and stay in the stay place. I use polearm for a weapon. I have to actually turn 180 degrees to be able to move the fight to a safe area.

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Time Lord mentioned this awhile back and I have noticed the same.

I suspect the team has added some type of auto-engage on the current target when in auto-attack mode that keeps us on target. Works for melees, except when you want to run! :)

It would be good to hear more about what this new feature is. Intended feature or bug?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Cally and FrostII like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

ya I noticed it works in auto attack, and as a castor that sucks because I wanted to keep backing up but it kept running into the mobs lol

Cally and FrostII like this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I too am polearm, and its especially noticeable effect since polearms have so much range. When I was testing bludgeon 1h, I never noticed this issue. It does make a tactical withdrawl more difficult. It makes tactically arranging enemies for maximum spread damage very difficult due to having limited movement range (from the "bounce back" or "rubber band" effect youre describing). Kiting is therefore also very difficult.

I <3 Sprint skill so its rare I cant withdraw from combat when needed. Due to the "rubberband-ing", I often die from trying to pay more attention to tiptoe-ing around the most number of exp-gaining baddies I can, and not paying attention to health meter, if heal spells are popped, and if I am using the right attack skills for the moment.

I could take on less risk, but, really the best parts of the polearm skillset shine when taking on several (non human) opponents at once. Not being able to step backward (effectively) doesnt let one take full advantage of what the polearm skill offers.

Cally likes this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

Made a video to highlight the issue.

Lazlo likes this.
  6. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Hard to believe, but it's intentional. They call it the "New Combat Experience". I could tell you what I call it, but that kind of language isn't suitable for children .... just make up your own mind. See agra's video above, and vote in the poll.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.