"Rumor has it that this dungeon may be the path to Lich Mountain!"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmicvoyager, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

The Challenge Dungeon: This dungeon is now up and running and it is living up to its name by presenting quite a challenge near the end. It can be accessed in Braemar at the default starting point for new players. This dungeon will give us extremely valuable testing data for improving our AI and the PVE experience. Rumor has it that this dungeon may be the path to Lich Mountain!

Did anyone find the way to Lich Mountain?

Will devs say if there was a secret passage to be found?

2. Smokinjoe14

Smokinjoe14 Avatar

My bro-in-law and I were only able to make it up to the room with the x3 skeleton footsoldiers, x3 skeleton archers, and he said something about a x1 lich archer.
    We were able to beat the lich and x2 skeletons around the Throne of Bones, then the Mimic room with all of the Chest and Barrel Mimics.

How far did others get? Did anyone form an 8-man team and push through?

p.s. in hind sight, I shouldn't have sold all my potions to buy a house hehe. Those would have come in handy.

3. AvatarGG

I entered the Challenge Dungeon and was killed in the 5th room (Lich and some skeletons).
    I thought at the moment that this room should be the last one (how wrong was I!).
    So I returned to Braemar and recruited two adventurers (Alchemister TheBeast and JoBe).
    We got killed at the 8th room (canals with lots of archers/skeletons/slimes).
    So we returned to Braemar and recruited more adventurers (Papa Woody, PLAPS Lambert and Moo Ky, I think).
    When we were at the 11th or 12th room we found some lonely adventurers (Bowyer and Cali Thule, I think). They joined us and so the group was full.
    We reached the 19th room (the last-but-one) were LOTS of Liches were awaiting us, so we called for reinforcements from all around New Britannia.
    So another 8 or 10 adventurers joined us (including Guido DeVille, Bayridge, Soleidad, Silverglade Sunrunner, Flip and many others -sorry if I don't mention you-).
    After a really long and epic battle we killed the Liches and reached the last room.
    The last room (lots and lots of mimics) was not so difficult, but we almost failed at the last moment.
    That was the end. They say it was the first time a group completed the Challenge Dungeon without LordBritish or another GM help. For me, it does not matter, it was a blast anyway :)

I remember a side passage between the 19th and 20th room, so maybe that was the way to the Lich Mountain, but for me, there were enough mountains of liches in the Challenge Dungeon ;)

4. Smokinjoe14

Smokinjoe14 Avatar

This kinda reminded me of 'zombie mode' from some other game... see how many waves you can survive, or how deep can you go!

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Does anyone have more information on Lich Mountain?

6. Net

Net Avatar

I wonder if the rumor does not simply mean that the room 19 is full of Liches:)

AFAIK both passages leads to the same mimic room.

smack and AvatarGG like this.
  7. AvatarGG

That is probably correct.

8. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

That is not a mountain. I think there is a hidden door or breakable wall somewhere. I do not think anyone searched.

9. HokageFont

HokageFont Avatar

So the mystery reminds...

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

The Lich Dungeon might not be in yet. Maybe that's just a hint that the Challenge Dungeon is sort of a prelude to something to come in a future release.

11. Net

Net Avatar

Those were in R9, as far as I know. At least Owl's Head Sewers - Owl's Nest - Ravensmoor - Kingsport Sewers - Dragon Cove connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.