Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Running backwards into water that deep enough to swim in causes you to autorun the wrong way.

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Moiseyev Trueden, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Reproduction Rate: unsure
    Blocker? No
    Steps to Reproduce: Walk in the opposite direction camera is facing (hold S key) and enter water that makes you swim (i.e. deep water). You instantly stop moving, flip directions to the way you are facing, and then you start auto-running/swimming in that direction with the usual auto-run glitch when changing auto-running swimming to walking hiccup. This happens whether or not you are holding the right mouse button to look around when running backwards. Letting go and quickly walking opposite direction again (s key) does NOT stop the auto-run, it just locks you in place again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16329
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GPU RAM: 3013
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.364.Date.12.28.15
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Tested this again and now have to down grade reproduction rate (it happened 10 out 10 times when I first noticed it, ran around a bit and couldn't get it to replicate now). Sadly I didn't get exact location as I didn't bug report it until after I had moved around a bit.

I'm pretty confident that it will be hard to duplicate this one as I couldn't and I'm the one who experienced it initially. I'll attempt to test it more tomorrow and see if I can find the exact area it happens in. Currently, the rough area is the water between the south west island and the main land when facing due east and heading west (towards the small island).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Moiseyev Trueden Keep us updated if you see this again with any regularity. Thank you for reporting.

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah I tried all over that section of water yesterday and couldn't duplicate it. If it happens again I'll let you know, otherwise I'll consider it an unknown user error of some sort...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.