Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Running water is way too loud

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Quenton, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I've been sitting on this forever and I'm sure others have - any kind of running water, whether it's a fountain or those big water wheels in Ardoris, is way too loud. It's at the volume level of a waterfall. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, a quick poll in the office should tell you it needs to be revised.

I don't know if it seems more realistic as it is now, but it is a burden on my ears every time I pass one and I actively veer away until I'm a safe distance away from those evil water atrocities. Ardoris is especially bad because they are at every other corner and you can't veer away from it.

If you stand at the waterfall - sorry, fountain - closest to the Shogun's castle, and stand 20 tiles away, right at the edge of the steps, that is as loud as it should ever get. That's the point where you can still stand around it and have a conversation with someone and not have it assail your ears. The co-ordinates for that spot I'm talking about are -6.4, 59.3, -113.3.

The electrical towers are a similar story, but they're generally less of an issue since they're not somewhere you'd normally hang around.

2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Maybe volume sliders for water and electrics in the options would address this, if we don't want a hardcoded solution.

Duke Albert likes this.
  3. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I hope there's going to be a full blown rework of a lot of the sound design. Like the godawful walking noise on grass.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.