Safe Fall

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

As I died falling from several high buildings already several times I try to train Safe Fall continously.

However what does train it?

Do I simply have to jump from any onelevel-shed or house to register as training as at the start? Or does it take the character actually to take damage (so jumping from always higher heights) to register as training that skill up?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  2. Buzzard Bait

Buzzard Bait Avatar

fall short distances until you quit taking damage then move to higher fall. Rinse and repeat.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings ConjurerDragon
    I stack blocks against the side of my home in a stair style, up to top of house and use them to train fall. It does not take up much room and as I level I can just go to the next level.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

So both of you are saying it takes always higher heights to train further?

Edit: @Warrior B'Patrick - when you say blocks, what are those? I have my own lot only since a few days and I tried to put granite blocks on the floor but that does not work as they seem to be only building material but no deco?

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

I started off with town walls that have a ladder and then the progressed to the corner town part, then use the ladder of a pirate galleon for repeated higher drops.

6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I don't think so. I was able to GM the skill quite naturally. It used to be different: as a newbie it was quite possible to fall to death while jumping from a chair, but this has been changed over a year ago.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    The block are the granite, black, ice, etc blocks. I think they can only placed outside. As your Safe Fall levels up you can fall from higher distances with no or little damage. Before I built my training blocks I i would always jump off anything raised as I was adventuring. Here is what it looks like.

[​IMG]

8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Are we perhaps speaking past each other? I know that I can survive and take less to no damage from falling the higher the safefall skill gets.

What I don´t know is if simply jumping from the same height will suffice to train the skill further now that it takes a lot of jumps to get an increase, or if I *need* to jump of higher places so that the skill registers the jump as training.

Jumping of ANYTHING can be a bad idea - some jumps, even with 40+ safefall easily can wipe 550 health or more. e.g. the lover´s leap in Ardoris, the playerbuilt tower in east ardoris. Especially lethal is the floating jump platform in Valor.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

My experience has been that just like leveling crafting the higher the recipe level the more amount of experience so the higher the height you jump from the more experience. You can do it with small jumps but I think it takes longer. Just my opinion.

edited

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This tower in Kingsport is a perfect place to max out safefall. It goes all the way to max height a floor at at time. And there is a Ankh right next to it in case you die. There is a similar one in owls head visible from the town crier.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a nice view from up there too. Can't say if it is possible to survive that drop even at max level.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Warrior B'Patrick likes this.
  11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Just don't hop off of your horse's back and you'll be safe.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you can jump off of something high enough to get damage, even if it's zero, then you will raise safe fall.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.