Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Salvage: Make it possible to disable patterns

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Mishikal, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Scrapping for patterns is a complete and utter nightmare. 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time I'm going for scraps, not patterns. I have over 500 "rusty blah blah" patterns. I don't need (nor want) these. What I want is the metal scraps that I lose every time a pattern is created. No one else wants these patterns either. This is also the reason I stopped advancing my scrapping skill, as getting it to 100 *further* increases the rate at which I'll get this garbage that's not even worth the effort of selling to an NPC.

So please, please, PLEASE make it possible to disable scrapping for patterns.

Thanks!

Alley Oop and Weins201 like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree here. While its nice that the component/pattern rate is more reasonable, losing the scraps as the tradeoff isn't a good deal - especially on the super common things. While I'd be ok with not getting scraps on some of the rarer drops, the predominant use of salvage is scrap acquisition. I'd even go so far as to suggest that instead of a 'salvage' function there be a ..I don't know, 'study' function, where you could destroy the item in an attempt for a pattern only. Remove that from salvage entirely.

Alley Oop, Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This is a great idea! Make it its own tree to level up, too, for each of blacksmithing/tailoring/carpentry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.