Salvaging Tools & Paper

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bedawyn, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Am I correct in thinking that tools can not be salvaged? I know they can be repaired, but since the repair kits are more expensive than buying new tools, that seems counter-productive. None of my tool salvage attempts have succeeded yet, but it took me a while to figure out salvaging in general, so I can't be sure I'm not missing some part of the process.

What about books and paper? I've read somewhere on the forums that written flyers/notes can be re-used, I think, and that paper can be salvaged, but so far none of the books or papers I've tried to salvage will. Given how much paperwork I'm collecting, I hate to just waste it all. *hates waste in general*

What's the deal with shovels? They show up in the item list as something that can be used in the blacksmithing station, but I can never salvage them either.

Anyone know why axes salvage from carpentry instead of blacksmithing, even though they create metal scrap, not wood (and I'm pretty sure anyone using one would say the axe head, not the handle, is the most important part)? Has that been bug-reported or is it by design?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.