Saturday Night Pit Fight! (100 cotos for showing up (and summoning))

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Feb 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Alright, "night fight" is a stretch, it's happening at noon. Saturday, Feb. 12th, 12pm New Britannian Time (Central Standard Time) in Arlia! Arlia's just East of Nightshade Pass but a public group will be open for easy porting.

Decent folks with compassion look away because it's a base and amoral fight to the death between all summons. Tamed or Magical, the field of battle is a City Arena Basement. Contestants will summon and buff their most trusted companions to square off in a 1v1 battle.

Anyone entering to fight will receive a 100 cotos entrance prize, and the winner will get [honestly I don't know, this is last minute, I promise to make it good]. Rules are as follows:

• No Player vs Player attacks, this is strictly Summon vs Summon fighting!
    • You will be given a place to stand, and very little tolerance for moving from it! Prepare to instruct your pet from afar.
    • For the time being, all buffs (skills, food, gear, etc) are allowed.
    • Frankly, for the time being, everything not prohibited is allowed! Rules will be left very broad and refined as needed for fun fights.
    This will be the first contest of hopefully many and the goal is to have fun and learn to make future contests even better. Join us to spectate (some party favors will be handed out to everyone in zone) or join us to compete and take home no less than 100 cotos, maybe much more!

This is intended to be a weekly or every-other-week contest, and it was conceived just 13 hours before its first iteration on the premise that if such a thing is possible in any game, it's possible in Shroud. The dungeon we're fighting in? It's not placed as I write this. Yet come tomorrow, Saturday the 12th at 12pm NBT, we will all be there for an event to remember.

Message me in a reply to this post, privately in forum, in game (Coswald Dirthmire) or on discord (Coswald_Dirthmire#7411) for any further details, or to pre-enter as a contestant. I immensely appreciate the earliest notice you can give, but given the nature of this first impromptu event, entrance will be accepted right up to the last minute.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

3. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

Sign me up too!!!!

4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Noted and noted! Frostil and Galorn are added to the list of competitors; may the virtues be with you!

FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

That was good fun, @Coswald_Dirthmire :)
    I can see this being a very popular event - both for tamers and audience !

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

dang sorry i missed this. count me in for the next one if time permits :)

Coswald_Dirthmire and FrostII like this.
  7. Coswald_Dirthmire

Thanks to everyone who came out, and congratulations to Galorn Hammerthrow on his victory in the pit!

I was really impressed with the turnout given the short notice, and everyone seems to have had a lot of fun. I've included links for the video below, and we learned a lot that should make the next event even better. I'll update this thread with news on future competitions as things develop, and am mostly trying to decide if it should be annual or semi-annual (which is to say, weekly or every two weeks).

8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

ok ok i have seen enough. now i really feel like i missed out this looks like so much fun :) thanks for sharing the vids!

FrostII likes this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

is this on for this week?

FrostII likes this.
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

"High Noon" has a thrill to it that far outshines "Night Fight".

FrostII likes this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Coswald_Dirthmire
    Let's do this one again !
    I'm guessing we'd have an even bigger crowd.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.