Satyr self-preservation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaentorian, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

On one of my regular Elysium Mines tours today, I noticed a satyr seemingly change its mind about charging at me after I activated a fire trap. It actually ran back to its home room, then resumed charging after I deactivated the trap.

I don't know for sure that it's a direct consequence of this old request but it amuses me to imagine Elysium's satyrs now have a "Jonathen protocol" reminding them that fire=bad. (Jonathen being my crafter alt who usually does the silver run.)

Anyway though I'd mention this in case some poor dev spent time specifically implementing that behaviour, it has been recognised!

FBohler, Xee and Anpu like this.
  2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

usually this happens when you reach a leash point or a bad nav mesh where they can't seem to find a route they than run back to start point. if there was a dot or if you hit it with something that still ticks when it hits its start point they usually will than start running back :) but I like your perception of it better makes it sounds like there is more smarts in the Ai than there is hehe.

Vaentorian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.