Saw lord British was working on Episode 2 story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And answering at least a few of them would give me more hope that the rest will eventually be.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

i was using them until they made the keys break most of the time. Not that it wasn't easy to repeatedly kill the mini-boss for some of them, but others weren't as easy, especially Kiln Cistern which had a bunch of them. But really, I guess it was the Kiln Cistern water elemental mini-bosses that turned me off, because they suddenly had way over-powered self-healing, and one of my most used paths was out of KC. So I had to deal with both finding the right mini-boss, and some of them becoming nearly invincible.

Gia2, Alley Oop and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, that part would probably have had to change. Maybe unbreakable keys, with a small quest to find them.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you’re way into lore, reading sword of midras is invaluable. Theres a myriad of callbacks to the games lore within the game but unless you like fitting pieces together, youll have trouble figuring it out.

The book kinda ties everything together for you, because it is the game’s back story.

Addison and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I have read it. I would still argue that the game should tie everything together, not a secondary media tie-in.

Addison, bloodydragon and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Addison

Addison Avatar

I agree with this sentiment. I loved the first book and really enjoyed how it introduced us to the world of Novia. It acts more as primer, outlining some of the background and history of the world. Now I totally understand more of the history and the cataclysm are to be fleshed out in books to come, but there really needs to be more in-game lore that explains some of this. I loved how Ultima 7 or more impressively Skyrim, has hundreds of books with so much lore to dive into and read. The books in game now are ok. They are mostly Aesop's Fables or erroneous literature/poetry. The best lore books I have found thus far (including notes) were in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye. There are three books discussing Orta and dark magic that are really intriguing. Why can't we have more lore like that?

My biggest complaint with the game currently is that I don't feel invested in the story or the world. Lore is a big part of fleshing out the world and making you feel bound to it in a way that makes you really care about what's happening to the people in it. Maybe I'm just a weird lore chick, but I read every note and book I find because of this.

Cordelayne, Pong3d, ephialtes and 2 others like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The game stands completely on it's own and doesn't require you to read The Sword of Midras.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's true that you don't need to read the novel to understand the plot of the game. But the world contains very little background, most of which is in said novel. Opalis and Midras are major locations in the book, but in the game they're nothing more than PvP zones with no history or lore. The book should expand on the lore of the game, not be the source of 90% of it.

Addison and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.