Scaling the Masterwork and Enchantment number of options by the total available options

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Spungwa, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Scaling the Masterwork and Enchantment number of options by the total available options

I was wondering if was a viable option to scale the number of choices you get for an item when you masterwork or enchant it based the total number of available choices.

The idea being that it "normalises" the amount of items you need to craft across different weapon types to get specific stats. Different weapons and whether you socket first etc makes getting specific stats on certain items much harder than on others, unless this is specifically in as a balance thing for those items.

For example say you get to pick from 20% (rounded down) of all the available options for that item. So if an item can have 11 different masterworks you would roll and get to pick form a random 2 options, but if the item has 30 then you roll and get to pick from 6 random options.

I'm not too bothered what the percent is, that's a game design choice, i just think it would be better that the number of options was dynamic based on the total number of choices.

Has the added benefit of being self balancing, if new masterworks and enchants are released you don't have to go back and rebalance and change code each time for the number of options a crafter has in each.

Regards
    Spung

that_shawn_guy, FrostII and Spoon like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

What really sucks is polearms has so many options, and so many suck, that its super hard to make a really good one.

calkano (PAX), FrostII and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.