Scared to Flag? Everything is going to be OK.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Damian Killingsworth, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

• I spend most of the time in PvP zones or flagged for months now.
    • I have been killed in the field 4 times.
    • Each time I got my Gear back spending on average 400gp
    • PvP flag does not mean you will loose your gear. If you can't afford 400gp once or twice a week at most (unless you go looking for trouble), then you probably aren't wearing gear that is worth paying the ransom for.
    • Now go see the Oracle, remove the protection and start advancing your character edit:20% faster.
    • Somebody prove me wrong.
    edit: TY for corrections

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Flag bonuse is only 10% i think now isnt it?
    10% for mmo mode..
    10% from pvp flag due to abuse complaints.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Actually 10% for being in multiplayer mode and another 10% for being flagged PVP (20% total).

I will agree that the benefits of the XP far outweigh the costs... would you spend 2000 gold for 10% more XP :confused:?

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The cost in gold for me Is average around 1500, so yeah it is not all that much. BUT the problem is not being flagged, being in PvP zones, . . . . .

The problem is some of the PvPers themselves.

Case in point (I know I screwed up ) ;
    I flagged to go out and check some stuff out, had a blast gained some exp better than normal but not all that much. I got up to take care of something and went into my town.
    I am the only one who live there, I was afk standing on my dock (that was my fault) Anyhow someone found me out (or more likely hunted me down purposefully) and killed me. Not a big deal, but after I ressed they used stealing and tried to steal everything off my body. Now everything I could buy back and did, but the point is WHY. Nothing was gained but a little gold.

PvPer say over and over it is PvP they like- the challenge LMAO.

The only other time I was killed out hunting I got jumped when I was at 1/2 health and when the PvP targeted me I could not change the target to them at all I could only hit the Undead I had in front of me "G" and changing targets was useless, again where is the challenge - NOT.

So since PvP is so out of whack and so many other aspects of the game prevent actual viable PvP, the only PvP I might encounter is if I am in a PvP zone, but these are mostly pointless and worthless in General so why bother.

Net, Black Tortoise and discipleofweb like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The most important thing for me in this game is the be able to haul 1000 gold from point A to point B. And being able to have a property deed on me st random times.

How much is it going to cost me of that's the thing being ransomed?

Screwing around with breaking up stacks isn't going to happen, if the price for losing a stack of ore is too high, I'm out.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Why would you have a Property deed on you.. Ever??
    When its placed you can pay taxes... when you dont have it places.. wouldnt you bank it / house box it ?

I never under stood this.. even if im farming PVE.. i clear out my inventory of all non-combat related stuff to go farm, or to go mine. Why would you be hauling stuff like that around, regardless of what your doing?

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup.

8. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I pvped in UO for almost 12 years and ran the love crusade, one of the biggest pk guilds in the game. I also participated in PvP for almost a year in the early releases of shroud.

The problem I have with PvP flagging now is that there are players running around with 150 GMed skills, most of which got their through bugs and exploits and the average Joe wanting to flag has absolutely zero chance of beating one of these players. This problem was made exponentially worse when they gave the XP bonuses out for being flagged.

Portalarium has essentially failed to level the playing field when it comes to PvP so there is no incentive to bother flagging anymore. I wont be counted among the fodder for 10% more XP. It was supposed to be about fun, not advantage.

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

For me, I check out various NPC towns regularly, and I keep one on me in case a lot opens up. I'd rather have it on hand than having to run back and fetch it.

In general, I suspect that PVP will become more active when the accounts support more than one character. We see that compartmentalization all the time in Eve Online... there's the PVE characters, then the PVP-dedicated ones.

10. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

Some of the best pvpers have less than 10gms and most are in skills like cratfting.
    You are dying to pvpers because you havent learnt to pvp on this platform yet.
    if you know how the skills work (which only happens if you have truely taken your time to consider all the factors around certain skill rotations) then you can set up a competive pvp toon in weeks. Not months Not years Not with Exploits.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Chris himself called it an exploit but blamed the team for not fixing it. How about the fer red spider exploits? How about the fact that in the first 1 to 2 months you could gain skill transfer around 4 times faster (not an exploit, but a dev bug and it was especially benefiting to crafters and to the people who can play 18 hours a day). Amazingly, when persistence started, quite a few people went immediately to certain "quite" exploits to level their characters quickly.

So no, dont stop him. Certain people in game with 100+ GM's since the first 2 months have easily and continuously switched the the most mathematically dysfunctional skills and exploited them. Be it earthquake hitting 3 times or corpse explosion long term bugs. Be it Air magic to powerful then death magic and then Earth magic and now bows. They have 100+ GM's because they have exploited the systems that have been exploitable. Chris for a long time says he has to follow these people around to fix stuff...

How do you know if they are "exploiters" (on various issues, not all) ... well... because they didn't tell anyone except their buddies and kept it quite.

I personally feel people that have done this and not directly reported the issues to the devs... forced Chris to find the "math" looking at player logs... are the people that have killed this game (and it is killed in my opinion at this time).

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

In your case it might be personal.
    Just pointing that out for clearness.

No. That's a statment that was already seldom back in the days when we actually had pvpers.
    I didn't read something like that for possibly 1/2-1 year.

This is indeed true though i doubt we could agree on the reasons why it is that way.
    But true non the less.

13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Thanks, but no thanks.

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Im in, soon as I save some gold up. I just spent a fortune on a few pieces of gear and crafting tons of base components.

I do a good amount of farming in shardfalls or ruins, but I havent flagged yet. I think its time.

15. Net

Net Avatar

That is why PvP is so imbalanced. "Pro PvPers" will use junk or unransomable gear and never ever have anything valuable. Unsuspecting targets trying the 10% bonus will venture into Shardfall with property or house deed on and they might fail to ransom those back because of the immense value on those things. So there are people risking 40k gold who can get attacked by people risking like 200 gold (or even less). If you successfully defend to the attack, you lost time that you might have used to get more gold by gathering not to mention experience. If you die you lose time and gold.

And there is no ingame reason for PvP yet. There is unbalanced ransom system and that is it. Oh wait, there are virtues, if only they were a thing. Other than that there is no game reason to be nice. Or to be "bad". No reason to pick carefully who to attack. The only decision that matters is whether you offload valuables from your character before venturing for PvP. If you do, it is effectively risk free.

16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup and i agree.

Doesnt change my fact.. even farming monsters.. whose carrying deeds? Lol

Net likes this.
  17. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I have flagged twice. Both times killed/murdered and didn't even see the train that ran me over...zero fun (for me anyway) you guys can play with yourselves.

StarLord, Scanphor and Net like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I do. They weigh almost nothing and I might come across a place I want to throw it down. Or I might be transporting it to a different store for sale. Same with houses, sometimes I have them in my inventory, sometimes they in are a container. I don't want to be hassled with not being able to carry stuff just so someone can spawn kill me.

And I certainly don't need to anguish of one day losing one of them because I wasn't doing the inventory monkey dance that is getting ready for PvP.

And you didn't answer my question, how much would I lose if someone got my 1000 gold ore stack because I didn't do the inventory monkey dance before transporting them?

Pinky2 likes this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

I think part of the reason is that they are lightweight and there is little reason to put them away other than PvP. It is not like monsters will loot your dead body when you die. You do not even need to go back to your body to get back stuff you were carrying.

20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't look at it that way.

There are only two choices in PVP, be the guy that gets attacked when you're at low health trying to level, or be the guy attacking people at low health when they're trying to level.

• Both options carry a reputational risk. Some players don't care if they die over and over again or show up on youtube videos. I do. Some players don't care if they become the "number one pvper" by running around ganking people that are just trying to kill a dragon or mine some ore. I do.
    • Both options also carry varying degrees of reward. If you're leveling then it's all about the efficiency. If you die you take decay and if you have to deal with some fool that is trying to kill you repeatedly then you may have to move or at least have that efficiency interrupted. If you choose to be the attacker well now you're not getting XP and the loot you get is pretty crappy as anything of real value can be bought back for low amounts of gold.
    To me the whole system is really poorly designed and the results are that we have a small pool of people that either don't care about the reputational hit, or they don't care about the periodic annoyance of being attacked by idiots. Either way though it's not very engaging pvp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.