Scene Maser and Lag...Fixes Planned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toadster, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Little background... I wear light armor (regretfully but hopeful for updates) and I like to fight Torc because of the challenging pattern and triggers that allow your skill as a player to avoid his hits and stomps with movement and jumping. It is relaxing.

The issue.... when I am scene master (only one in scene or first to start the scene) I have become pretty good at jumping and movement and can avoid most dmg through skill. I enjoy this and like to continue doing it. Unfortunately, when I am not the player to start the scene (master) there is a serious issue with animation lag and timing. This is most noticeable fighting Torc because of the animation triggers that require a response in order to avoid dmg. I find myself in the air during his stomp and I do not fall down, but I still take dmg from the stomp. There are even times when the animation never even plays and the dmg is dealt.

This is a serious issue for me and impacts all scenes depending on how bad the system / connection is for the player owning the scene. Please, let me know if there is a fix planned for this.

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I believe this is an outcome of the "distributed" architecture without dedicated servers.
    @Chris probably can tell you if there will be any changes in the foreseeable future. As it is a core design element I wouldn't have high hopes.

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.