Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Scene Mobs WAY Overpowered for Adv Level in Love Path

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I'm playing through the quests here and- while I think I'm now past the scope of the NUE- I am still pretty early on having just entered the Crypt of the Avatar in Midras.

(BTW thanks for making the alternative exit from Necropolis more noticeable.)

Anyhow- it's kind of tough enough for me to be running around a 5-skull PvP zone this early on in the story as it is being at adv lvl 61. (I imagine the average player getting to this point in the story for the first time would be more around lvl 50?)

But it is near impossible to "explore" the ruins (i.e. find the Crypt) with Obsidian Golems breathing down my neck that I can't even attempt to attack because Jaan is a magic user.

I can see a newer player getting to this point and simply giving up because there is really no way to "find" the Crypt if one cannot neither evade nor fight the golems.

I would suggest:

1. Having the spirit talker companion accompany the player through Midras.
    2. Getting a temporary item from the spirit talker that wards off the golems.
    3. Making it clear to the player that they are unlikely to find the Crypt solo. Particularly magic users who are 100% ineffective against obsidian golems.

... and NOW I am heading up toward the "back entrance" to Malice and am getting pummeled by an Obsidian Bear lurking along the main pathway.

... and NOW made it to the back ent... oops nope got jumped by 2 hardened skeles and a red spider.

TL;DR The mobs one encounters in scenes along the Love Path should be commensurate with the Adventure Level of the player following the quests. It is not fun to get pummeled by overpowered mobs every time one advances the story and enters a new scene.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Jens_T and Chatele like this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Have we heard what expected Adv Levels are for these zones? I finished Malice when around Adv Lvl 60, but that was before the Resists system came in and made me practically useless against the liches. Malice is at the end of the Love Path, so I find it okay to be decently high level. But we need more side-quests and other non-grinding content to help us reach the appropriate skill levels.

The mid-level ranges still need a lot of attention I feel. The NUE definitely needs to be a priority, but I feel like most efforts have been focused on NUE and High Level content because so many folks are already at the high level and wanting more "end game content". But we do not yet have enough mid-game content. It goes from polished low-level intro content to BORING GRIND to High Level Story Content.

discipleofweb and uhop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.