Scene Population Intentions/Limits Goal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Hey just quick question.

Theres been talk of proper GvG and PvP features coming * possibly / eventually * and it got me curious on the current / intended limits of scenes?

I saw screenshots of that 50 person * dance party * and functions wernt working.
    I have 0 idea how demanding that specific POT was, but got me wondering.

Whats the goals for player amounts in scenes? Once the virtue systems figured out, is it realistic to expect you can have 50 or 60 players duking it out ( functioningly ) in a scene? Is there going to be more areas intended for battles in the hundreds ( most MMOs do this in battle grounds form ) or is it alway intended to be small scale fights? ( 8v8)

@DarkStarr

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

A lot is probably going to be depended on how much deco is set up in any given POT. Talking on the POT side of things. Will probably also depend on one's own system. I only have issues occasionally, rarely, but my system is way above any recommended specs.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lets say in regards to PvP driven scenes.. Non- Pot ( like blood bay i think initially was set to be )

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

For what I saw in last year, heavy POTs gives more issues than the amount of players. So if you bring 50 players into an adventure scene, I would say the game could handle this without issues (if not we have a big problem here). POTs are the big performance topic, and with the current amount of items and dynamic lights I'm not sure if we are gonna see this fixed soon, is a complex task.

Numa likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Chris has said (in his blog thread, I think) that there were some bugs that had an n-squared effect based on the number of players. The dance parties have apparently been a big help in finding performance bugs. They just haven't been working on finding them until the past two months or so.

As to current limits, I've heard of 16 in an adventuring zone, and either 64 or 128 in a town zone. Some performance bugs may make it hard right now for that many to play in a town with good peformance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.