See your Dead

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jocularis, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

Hi guyz,
    I was wandering in some caves in the game. They were creatures' nests, for bears and wolves or spiders.
    But in all Scenes there where empty caves, with a strange rock to tap the bottom, and few metal nodes outside the entrance. Probably the rock at the bottom is just a temporary obstuction for future contents, but at the moment I found them really interesting, and evocative.

So I started up with this idea: like in old dolmens these nests are old burial places, now inhabit by creatures.
    In these old caves, it would be wonderful to have a mechanic related to the deads.

An example? When a player dies, if he stays inside the perimeter of those special caves/nests he can be seen by living people and communicate with them.

If I'll have the opportunity I will make some screenshots to better clarify the concept.

:D

2. Birko

Birko Avatar

That's an interesting idea !
    By having the area contained it stops the old exploit of ghosts giving info to the living during PvP warfare.
    In The Secret World there was a quest where a part of it could only be solved by being a ghost. Writing on a cell wall was only visible and accessible to ghosts.
    A ghost only doorway could be interesting. Any quest information needed would have to be gathered promptly before you resurrected.
    Lots of ghostly possibilities.

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

nice, i like this idea

Jivalax Azon and Gaelis like this.
  4. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.