Seedinvest sold in 2019 and is now being Divested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Oct 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Not sure if anyone else got this message so I thought I would post it. Don't get out the pitchforks and torches yet. It does not look like there will be any change other that a name change.

Hi William,

We are reaching out to share important news about SeedInvest.

Circle, which originally acquired SeedInvest in 2019, has made the strategic decision to focus on its core business and, as a result, entered into an agreement to divest SeedInvest to fellow startup fundraising platform, StartEngine.

The finalization of this acquisition is contingent upon FINRA approval, which is expected to be received within six months. During this period, SeedInvest will continue to operate as usual: companies will continue to fundraise on the platform and you may continue to invest.

How does this announcement impact the value of my portfolio holdings?

There is no impact on the value of the securities you purchased through the SeedInvest platform as a result of this acquisition.

Is there anything I need to do at this time?

There are no immediate actions required as a result of this transaction, and you will be proactively notified of any actions that may be required at a future date.

I have questions, where can I find more information?

Please refer to our investor FAQ for further details in coming weeks. We intend to provide ongoing communications and will strive to provide a seamless experience along the way.

Thank you for being a valued member of our community, and helping us achieve our founding mission of democratizing access to capital and opportunity within the venture capital asset class.

The SeedInvest Team

Cordelayne, StarLord and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.