Seeking Residents - The Gigalopolis of Beran's Reach

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vallas (Beran’s Reach), Aug 6, 2015.

1. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

4th Feb update. Beran’s Reach has been slowly but surely taking shape following our major overhaul of the walled city area. I’m pleased to say that a lot of the inner-wall plots have been occupied, with a number of ships moving into the central square and surrounds! A warm welcome to those that have made the decision to join us!

For those considering either a home or location for their business, the good news is that we still have plenty of space to accommodate new arrivals. We’ve got space for those looking for space within the city walls, and in the surrounding countryside. We’ve got space for everyone between Row and City plots, as well as the potential for placing bigger lots under the right conditions (more than happy to help civic projects). If you or your guild fancies having a small village, we might be able to help you out, get in touch.

We’re here for the community, so if there’s anything we can do to help, be it proving a home at one of our inns or support for your in game event, let us know!

2. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

27th Feb update. The interior of Beran's Reach has proven to be quite popular, with a number of plots being filled up by new residents. For those of you who are new, welcome! We still have quite a few row plots within the walls, especially in and around the newly renovated central market square. So, if you're thinking of setting up a new shop, now's your chance to grab a new prime location.

Outside of the walled city, we have a good range of plots, up to and including City-sized plot locations. We have a new presitigius city plot location next to both the devotionals, the entrance point AND overlooking the town itself. Fancy a new location from which to lord it over your lessers? Want a plot location that will put you in good stead for the forseeable future? Then this is for you! Aside from that, we have a couple of smaller outlying villages just ripe for development, either by individuals or guilds. If that takes your fancy, feel free to get in touch and we'll arrange making necessary changes to suit your needs.

As always, comments and questions welcome. If you'd like to contact me in private, feel free.

V

3. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

For someone who’s still on the Perinnial Coast and early in his adventure. How difficult is it to get to this location to snag a spot. I love the snowy biom.

Duke Vallas [BEAR] likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's easy. go into solace bridge to the lunar rift and wait for it to show britanny graveyard. it's a straight run north from there.

5. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Hi @SamRothstein and thanks @Alley Oop for providing the directions. You’re more than welcome Sam to head on over and see if the place is a good fit for you. We’ve got a range of plots open as well as two new outlying villages for you to have a look around. If there’s something specific you’re after, please let me know and I’ll see what we can do to help. :)

6. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

I took one of the row lots on the town square!!! This is a long time in the making for me! My first house planting even though i've been a backer for 2 years. I love the idea of Beran's Reach and the lesser used snowy bio theme.

Greetings to all fellow BR residents.

7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Welcome to the Square!

8. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

Thanks! Is there a banker near BR?

9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Vallas placed the bank building next to the inn of his.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Easier for him to dig a tunnel to the vault!

Duke Vallas [BEAR] and Mhtic like this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

And you can help with your amazing new spoon!

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes an outstanding recognition for me. Usually I feel like I'm getting forked! :p

13. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

The placing of the bank is purely coincidental! :)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  14. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

18th March update. Another month, another update. Beran's Reach-proper has seen a large influx in new arrivals, with most of the larger plots taken and a steady stream moving into row plot areas which are great for both homes and shops. To provide space for new arrivals, two new villages have been established both to the North and South in order to provide new anvirons and new opportunities for a great place to live. Both new areas feature nearby banks, as well as tall Palisade walls to help provide defence in the event of attack. Both offer slightly different feels for those seeking a home from home in the northern regions! Great for lone adventurers and guilds looking to keep their numbers together.

If you're interested in moving to Beran's Reach, all plots are set as free to claim, simply find a spot you like and claim it. Feel free to PM me if you need any assistance, including requests for custom plot placement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

25th March update. This week has seen the completion of the outer palisades, with blizzard markers added to guide travellers between the outlying ivllages and the city of Beran's Reach in the worst of weathers. Underneath the tavern, incessent work by a small army of craftsmen has seen the final touches added to our latest addition, the renovation of the The Bear Tavern Arena! This new addition features a substantial space both for tournaments and contests, as well as all-manner of activities including plays, concerts and galas! Around the space is an array of seating catering to all manner of guests, supported by a bar and kitchen. From the poorest adventurer to the wealthiest Lord, we'll be able toc ater to your particular needs.

[​IMG]

This week we were also able to reunite one of our longest-serving patrons with a long-lost distant (we think) relation! Our scholars discovered that Gix, a man well-known to Beran's Reach residents, is of the same blood as another of our best-loved patrons, Barry. Huzzahs all round! Ale is half-price until the sun rises!

[​IMG]

16. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

5th April update. A short update this week, mainly focused on the removal of largely unwanted plot out in the wilderness (requested long ago but never used). This is to pave the way to cater to personal requests for plots of any size outside the city walls. Looking for something picturesque, or want to flive somewhere without nosy neighbours? Get in touch and we'll see if we can make your dream come true!

We've also done a review of what plots are available. Right now, all plots have been made free to claim should any newcomers want to establish a home for themselves on the frontier. All plots are now available on a first-come first-served basis, ranging from row to city plots (larger available on request). Again, if you need something customer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We have space for guilds and groups. If you run or are part of a group that it looking for some space of its own, please contact me direct.

V

17. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

This thread is awesome! I had so much fun reading this! Going back through time and learn about the history of that town/guild!

Well done Vallas !

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  18. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

I just moved in next to the bank. You have the best town layout I have seen yet.

19. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

1st May update. it's fair to say that this month has been a big month for major updates. Following feedback by residents of Beran's Reach, we've spent the past month carrying out a major overhaul of a number of key areas! This includes:

[​IMG]

1. The movement of the Metropolis's vendors to a small market area just inside of the main gate, for the convenience of both residents and guests.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A major re-work of the northern end of town, both to make better use of space and to make navigating around town both quicker and less confusing. This had the benefit of opening up the main transitways and making the town feel less dark.

[​IMG]

3. The reorganisation of the southern side of the great main gate, both to ease movement and to create new opportunities for vendors to set up shop (free to claim on a first-come, first-served basis).

[​IMG]

4. The relocation of the Oracle and devotional shrines to within the main walls, next to the Tavern.

[​IMG]

5. The relocation of the Beran's Reach crafting centre to its own area within the city, supplied by a banker, crafting merchant and a number of spaces for row-sized shops and businesses.

[​IMG]

6. A major expansion of plot opportunities, just outside the southern gate, including town, village and row plots.

So there you have it, a substantial series of improvements that make our home that little bit better. By way of a reminder, the vast majority of our plots are free to claim, with plots available up to and including city size (we can discuss bigger options on request). We're open to all and we welcome new arrivals, both vetern and new. We have a number of inns offering free accomodation to all, as well as the opportunity to be provided at-cost row housing to help support new businesses. Any questions, get in touch!

Mhtic and Chirp like this.
  20. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)