Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SEGV under Linux/Steam

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Zoe, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoe

Zoe Avatar

I've been playing for the last week or two, via Steam, offline only; a short while ago I found Brittany for the first time, and attempted to enter the Graveyard; at the point the game crashed, leaving a core dump. This is a Ubuntu system that describes itself as:
    % uname -a
    Linux shad2 3.13.0-167-generic #217-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 13 16:18:21 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

At the point it crashed there was also a pending new game update, which Steam immediately started to download; after that completed I attempted to enter the game again, but it crashed while trying to load.

The core dump appears to be truncated:
    % file core
    core: ELF 64-bit LSB core file x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), too many program headers (831)
    % gdb ./Shroud\ of\ the\ Avatar.x86_64 core
    Reading symbols from ./Shroud of the Avatar.x86_64...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
    BFD: Warning: /src/steam/steam/steamapps/common/SotA/core is truncated: expected core file size >= 5353394176, found: 104857600.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
    [New LWP 16002]
    ... 43 similar lines
    Cannot access memory at address 0x7fc5db5c91a8
    Cannot access memory at address 0x7fc5db5c91a0
    (gdb) where
    Python Exception <class 'gdb.MemoryError'> Cannot access memory at address 0x7fc5db4016b0:
    #0 0x00007fc5db3b83e0 in ?? ()
    Cannot access memory at address 0x7fc5db4016b0
    (gdb)

Going back to the last save has worked ok, so I'm back at Yew; I'll update later to advise whether this repeats when I get back to Brittany once more.

Zoe

2. Zoe

Zoe Avatar

Going back there from Yew it did _not_ crash, so I'm back up and running.

Please advise if for future crashes it would be useful to get a stacktrace or other info from gdb: if it would, I'll try to increase the maximum core dump size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.